Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Infernal Professor

Quote Originally Posted by noragar View Post
    It could easily be that all keyword abilities work in the hand, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any situations with the existing cards where you'd be able to observe whether swiftstrike, crush, flying, steadfast, etc. is or isn't active in other zones. Can anyone think of anything?
    No, lifedrain is the only one. Spellshield specifically does NOT work from other zones, and you'd be able to tell if it were (because you wouldn't be able to force them to discard the card from their hand, for example).
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Meh, I really dislike the idea that one specific keyword would work in all zones while others won't. That's counter-intuitive.

I get the feeling that some specific keywords might be doing this in future sets - possibly lethal (assuming there is a way of dealing targeted damage from the hand). It is an interesting space to leave open for the future, and having open from the beginning is a lot better than doing a rules change later.

I agree that it seems strange when we only have one keyword.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

It would have been more interesting, given this information, if Howling Ambush said that the TROOP dealt damage, instead of Howling Ambush itself doing the damage. Then again, if it was going to combo with lifedrain, HA probably would have to be a rare instead of an uncommon. It would likely be to strong to have it kill a newly cast troop, AND heal the caster for some big amount of life, all for a 1 cost uncommon.
    --ossuary

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    No, lifedrain is the only one. Spellshield specifically does NOT work from other zones, and you'd be able to tell if it were (because you wouldn't be able to force them to discard the card from their hand, for example).
    Yes, thanks. I forgot about spellshield. I had a feeling I was missing a keyword or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    I don't think Inquisition targets. A better example would be Call the Grave, which I'm assuming works fine on a Spellshield troop (although I haven't tested it for myself).

Inquisition targets. Curse of Oblivion targets. Countermagic targets. All of these (and other) cards were unable to target a troop in any zone that had Spellshield, due to a bug. At that time, Shaq confirmed it was a bug and that Spellshield was only supposed to work in the warzone (a.k.a. in play).
    --ossuary