Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Why are packs in store still 200p?

  1. #1

    Why are packs in store still 200p?

    CZE is now directly selling packs (including a primal chance) for 160p in the Constructed queue. In other words, with 7 friends (or 7 extra accounts) you can buy as many packs as you want directly from CZE for 160p each using the Constructed queues, without having to actually play any games.

    So why are packs in the store still 200p? This is just taking advantage of those who don't know any better - a very player-unfriendly thing to do.

  2. #2
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    707
    It's a tournament. It's not meant to be a means of getting cheaper packs. Entering the event just to farm packs is gaming the system and likely won't be tolerated (if discovered).

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    CZE is now directly selling packs (including a primal chance) for 160p in the Constructed queue. In other words, with 7 friends (or 7 extra accounts) you can buy as many packs as you want directly from CZE for 160p each using the Constructed queues, without having to actually play any games.

    So why are packs in the store still 200p? This is just taking advantage of those who don't know any better - a very player-unfriendly thing to do.
    It's to encourage people to play in the tournament queues. It's the same with draft queues too, nothing has changed.

    Of course if people are gaming the system like you mention they'll probably get warned/banned. Aside from this abuse case people will buy from the store instead if they don't have a constructed deck to use or don't have a competitive one.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirovik View Post
    It's a tournament. It's not meant to be a means of getting cheaper packs. Entering the event just to farm packs is gaming the system and likely won't be tolerated (if discovered).
    It's not meant to be, but it is. And I don't think buying packs this way even violates any rule, since it's technically an 8-way prize split.

    The bottom line is that they're selling packs directly for 160p. Even if we exclude the "abuse case", they're still selling packs to some people for 160p. If they're doing that, they should sell packs to everyone at this price. Charging more to new players who have no Constructed deck and who don't know they can get cheaper packs from the AH is not a good way to attract new players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Werlix View Post
    It's to encourage people to play in the tournament queues. It's the same with draft queues too, nothing has changed.
    It's not the same with draft. A 700p draft buys you 1.5 packs in the prize pool, plus the contents of 3 packs.

  6. #6
    Ya thats not right. They should put the prize back to 12packs.

  7. #7
    I fail to see a problem here. Joining tournaments has always been a way to get cheaper packs, this changes nothing whatsoever. 8 friends joining a single tournament and actually playing it is not a problem. It will only be a problem if they all join the same 8 man and then concede to the end of the tournament. In this case they are gaming the system, which Cory has been very clear that he will not tolerate.

    Even in physical card games it is rarely the best idea to buy retail packs. Even before this change packs were only 120 to 140 plat on the AH. Why is this situation really any different? Either way, people will spend more if they spend money without doing any research. That is pretty much a given in any buying situation.

  8. #8
    Tournaments have to have prizing better then retail cost or people will have no reason to enter an event rather then just play casually and buy packs. Thats how it works in basically every card shop on the planet. No different here.
    Grand King + 2ProPlayer

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateanomaly View Post
    Ya thats not right. They should put the prize back to 12packs.
    ...
    if you take retail value of packs out of the equation, you are looking at 100p drafts and 3 packs worth of cards to keep.
    if you do the same for constructed, its 300p and 0 packs worth of cards to keep.

    If you want to compare apples to apples:
    36 packs come out of draft - 800 plat goes in. 24 of the 36 packs are part of the entry - but also part of the reward.
    2400 plat goes into constructed.... 15 packs come out..

    Saying that constructed values packs at 160 each, is like saying each pack won in draft is worth 386plat based on whats put in....
    160 x 24 + 800 / 12

  10. #10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •