Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Color screwed.

does your account have PP?

I almost never run into threshold screw (it happens, but rarely). Hell, I've got a deck running Lixil/Midnight Shepherd and I don't really have much trouble getting all 5 threshold out. If threshold screw is a problem... run Shards of Fate or Adaptable Infusion Device.

Alternately, be careful running things that require more than 1 threshold. You should typically be able to get by with just 1 of a threshold in most cases. If you are able to draw 1 threshold and that's not enough frequently... that's more of a deck building issue.

Gigantisaur
    Apparently you only need one resource color to summon dead horses.

Set 2 will add more capability to play 2 colors. Magic the gathering has like 3 different dual lands that can be added into a deck making for 12 different multi-color sources. Not even worth comparing the two at this stage. By the way, I played Magic back during when unlimited was released and players had the same problems with dual color decks due to only having base dual lands. This game is new and thus will take a couple more sets to flush out better dual color synergy.

P.S. Note to developers : Could we get an actual "Dead Horse" card??
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesbudt View Post
    1. As said before (In previous threads) you "cheated" shuffled in real life, and didn't even realize it. Most TCG players do.
    I always love this, make me wonder just how many people can't shuffle irl.
    Your sig is probably embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post

P.S. Note to developers : Could we get an actual "Dead Horse" card??
    6 cost colorless "undead horse"

0/0. Invincible
    (2 white threshold) - Steadfast
    (2 ruby threshold) - Swiftstrike
    (2 wild threshold) - crush
    (2 sapphire threshold) - flying
    (2 blood threshold) - life drain
    (1 of each threshold) - spell shield

When this troop enters play this troop void all the resources you control from the game. For each resource removed this way undead horse permanently gains +1/+1. While this troop is play you cannot play shards from your hand. At the start of each of your turns gain [1/1].
    Hex is a MMO-TCG
    *** There is 3 very important letters in this game's genre.
    Hex - Collector Tier Kickstarter Backer
    In-Game name: Ashmander

Hex's threshold system won't make color screw less likely than Magic. If you want to case a RR3 spell in Magic you need at least 2 red sources. In hex if you want to cast a cost 5, 2 ruby threshold card you need at least 2 ruby threshold.

Setting fixers aside you need the same number of ruby shards as you would mountains to have the same chance of casing a RR card in hex as in magic.

What the threshold system does do is remove the bottleneck that exist in Magic where you could have enough total manna for 2 plays but because they're both red and you only have one mountain you can only play one of them this turn.

So if you're skimping on shards on the assumption that hex is more forgiving, that's probably contributing to your observed problems.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesbudt View Post
    6 cost colorless "undead horse"

0/0. Invincible
    (2 white threshold) - Steadfast
    (2 ruby threshold) - Swiftstrike
    (2 wild threshold) - crush
    (2 sapphire threshold) - flying
    (2 blood threshold) - life drain
    (1 of each threshold) - spell shield

When this troop enters play this troop void all the resources you control from the game. For each resource removed this way undead horse permanently gains +1/+1. While this troop is play you cannot play shards from your hand. At the start of each of your turns gain [1/1].
    I was thinking just more on the lines of a 2 cost one blood threshold 2/1 that can be reanimated from the graveyard onto the battlefield for 2 Blood.

Have an animation of an Orc or a bunch of rabbits beating on a dead horse.

Quotation: "It just will not die"

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I was thinking just more on the lines of a 2 cost one blood threshold 2/1 that can be reanimated from the graveyard onto the battlefield for 2 Blood.

Have an animation of an Orc or a bunch of rabbits beating on a dead horse.

Quotation: "It just will not die"
    Dead Horse: One blood threshold, one cost 0/1 creature that returns to play from the graveyard at the end of every turn.
    -------
    "Surprise"

Dead horse should be like an undead briar legion, with a limited self replication mechanic. How about:

Dead Horse
    cost 3
    threshold 1 blood
    troop- zombie equine
    0/0
    When this card enters play you may put a dead horse form your deck or graveyard into your hand.

Dead horse gets +1/+1 for every dead horse that has entered a graveyard this game.

"The first one isn't so bad, but they just keep coming back!"

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    Dead horse should be like an undead briar legion, with a limited self replication mechanic. How about:

Dead Horse
    cost 3
    threshold 1 blood
    troop- zombie equine
    0/0
    When this card enters play you may put a dead horse form your deck or graveyard into your hand.

Dead horse gets +1/+1 for every dead horse that has entered a graveyard this game.

"The first one isn't so bad, but they just keep coming back!"
    Problem is that it is a different Dead Horse. It should be the same Dead Horse coming back.