Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone PVE is....

Hearthstone PVE is....

Rubbish. Managed to login just now after all the login problems and insane lag and completed the first wing on first try within 10 minutes. Tried a game in 'heroic mode' and was met with this by turn 3 (reminded me of Shadowera):

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.23.2014.02.26.58.jpg

You get a few free cards for beating the bosses but the overall experience was a big meh, especially since it will be 6 euros per wing to unlock.

So in short, Hex backers shouldn't be worried about Hearthstone PVE one bit. If anything, it'll help Hex out with casual gamers being introduced to the idea of a TCG PVE experience and less marketing will be needed to bring them over here.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Rubbish. Managed to login just now after all the login problems and insane lag and completed the first wing on first try within 10 minutes. Tried a game in 'heroic mode' and was met with this by turn 3 (reminded me of Shadowera):

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.23.2014.02.26.58.jpg

You get a few free cards for beating the bosses but the overall experience was a big meh, especially since it will be 6 euros per wing to unlock.

So in short, Hex backers shouldn't be worried about Hearthstone PVE one bit. If anything, it'll help Hex out with casual gamers being introduced to the idea of a TCG PVE experience and less marketing will be needed to bring them over here.
    Yeah, I had almost exactly the same experience. It'll have zero replay value - you'll get the cards and never play the content again. Also... lag, so much lag... Reminded me of loot lag 2005, those were the days...
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Same. I only have the starter deck as well. I smoked the 4 bosses.

I wanted to attribute this to my awesome playing skills... guess game was easy...
    Hex is a MMO-TCG
    *** There is 3 very important letters in this game's genre.
    Hex - Collector Tier Kickstarter Backer
    In-Game name: Ashmander

Since Hearthstone PvE is lacking, seems like its main purpose is to shake up the meta with only 30 cards. In that aspect Hex set 2 has it covered. I can't wait, less than 5 weeks I hope.

Hearthstone sets a good standard for polished presentation. But other than that I always say Hex closed beta offers a lot more than the launched Hearthstone.

Still better than current Hex PVE.

Master of Gifs
    They do have the option to farm gold through normal gameplay that you can save up to fund the purchase of each wing. 700 gold per wing really isn't that steep if you've got time to play it casually and complete quests.

As far as replay value, they do have class challenges and heroic modes that open up once you've beaten normal mode, so those are nice.

OP: I recommend using an aggro deck to help keep board control in the first wing, especially the on Maexxna fight. Warlock "Zoo" deck works just fine. They designed these challenges to require you to change your decks up and tailor your strategy to each boss. Remember that Hex will also have challenges that will require you to rethink your decks and how you approach them, this is kind of a light version of that.

All of that being said, I'm also a bit underwhelmed, but I appreciate the polish they put into it. I hope they put out a full on "set 2" in the future though, these 30 new cards are nice but they won't be enough to keep the meta fresh for very long I don't think. I also am sad they still limit you to 9 total custom deck slots, and I wish they'd come out with some new heroes soon as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Diesbudt View Post
    Same. I only have the starter deck as well. I smoked the 4 bosses.

I wanted to attribute this to my awesome playing skills... guess game was easy...
    4 bosses? Did I miss something, there's only three.

Anyhow, I'm having fun with it. I beat the heroic bosses pretty easily. 1/1 for spider boss, 1/2 for the 2nd and third.

I'm working on beating them with only common and basic cards.

I played though the first wing and enjoyed it. I hadn't logged into HS in 2-3 months and it was fun blindly fighting the bosses with decks I didn't remember.

It really gets me excited to see what CZE has in store for us.

Yea, I ran through everything till the last heroic boss. Its a bit silly, I had several games in a row where the cpu was playing off the top of his deck finally and I had a solid board and hand lead, only to have him rip a couple cards off his deck that I had never seen him play before. The first time it happened, I was like "huh", the next time "hmmmm", the third time (when he played the 2/5 charge beast for 5 for the win, only charge I had ever seen that deck play) I finally called bullshit and stopped.

Overall, I think the PvE in HS is a mixed bag. Sorely disappointing horseshit one side, and good for the future of Hex PvE on the other. That being said, their AI was at least decent...
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

played though everything they had including the heroic bosses in a few hours the last boss is just frustrating very little wiggle room in getting the cards you need
    all in all enjoying playing the hex AI much more i think it is smarter