Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: HEX Update Free Tournament This Saturday

Heh, all this MMO talk reminds me of when Alterac Valley in WoW was still just on the PTR. You would queue up for probably what felt like forever, get into a game and see maybe a dozen players on each side and things were just a bit choppy (supposed to be 40v40 events), and then when you got over 15 or 20 people on each side the whole thing would just crash to its knees.

So yeah, WoW could have 2k+ people on the server but when trying to get even a small percentage of them into something utilizing concurrent server resources you end up with some crazy problems to overcome.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiany View Post
    Things are better then they were in Alpha, a lot better.

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Seconded, Alpha was buggier then Klendathu. Now we have stable regular tournaments, stable proving grounds, and an actual auction house. You could only complete 1 game in 4 during Alpha, now mid game freeze-ups are pretty rare.

Closed Beta is still a testing phase of game which is still in development. No it's not perfect, because it's not finished yet. Some people can't handle that because for some reason they expect the fairy Dev-Mother to wave a wand and presto! The game is finished.

Development takes time and Hex is lucky to have a passionate team working on it. If you are finding progress frustrating then please, take some time out, go live your life, play other titles and check back in 6 months time. Don't let a testing phase sour your opinion of what's going to be a brilliant future title.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d4cbf2.png

Former TUC Admin Prime
    Grand King Backer - Beta Keep Name: Dawnstar
    Steam: Cato Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Seconded, Alpha was buggier then Klendathu. Now we have stable regular tournaments, stable proving grounds, and an actual auction house. You could only complete 1 game in 4 during Alpha, now mid game freeze-ups are pretty rare.
    Just want to say, if you know all the common workarounds, actual freezes and lockups are almost non-existent.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    Quote Originally Posted by issowi View Post
    The raid sizes went down for gameplay design not because they couldn't handle 40 players in the zone. GW2 has WvWvW that has 200 players per world (600 players total). PS2 servers hold about 2500 or so they stated. So yes you can handle the loads and it has been done before.
    Hah! I played both of those betas - planetside 2's store ate my money and offered no refund despite multiple tickets, and as for GW2, seraph captain here and funnily enough, there were stress tests that didn't give us any rewards but people still took part in *shock horror* - if you want to bring up another point about these, i was in both. :P

Edit: Beta wvwvw crashed a LOT and was so incredibly resource intensive.

Withing last six weeks they've been busy at game conventions, spoiling and working on set 2, giving us a peek at PvE, implementing tutorial, making transition to new UI and system etc..
    Exactly, this is exactly what I mean by running before you can walk. the basics (like a tournament) should be working before this stuff happens.

That's been eaten up already by art and fixed costs
    Basic functionality should be coming before making cards look pretty.

There was progress, less blue swirly action.
    Progress would be the tournament working as advertised.

Again, tourneys are working. You can go in right now and play one, it's scaling to 500+ players that seems to the problem.
    Right, so there not working then? Thanks for clearing that up, Look at the numbers the hundreds of poker sites out there can handle for example, 500 people is not alot, its an absolute basic that there is no excuse for not being functional after this long.

While I don't agree with the minimum notifier on auctions being 12 hours (and also despise the minimum 30c floor price set on rares while Im at it) these are for the most part small inconveniences and by no means break any functionality of the AH. Most people list their cards with buyouts anyways so I doubt you're really having problems acquiring cards on AH due to this.
    It defeats the purpose of having an auction house, its not really an auction house when the only viable method to get cards in a timely manner a buy out is it?

Maybe take a moment to appreciate this first ever TCG AH (as far as I know) instead of blowing little inconveniences out of proportion.
    What? I would suggest checking out any version of NHL/FIFA/Madden Ultimate team which has had auctions (actual auctions, that function like an auction rather than this mess) for at least 4 years. ]

An auction is hardly rocket science is it? More basic functionality that has just been half done.

Finally something I can understand. Your frustration is understandable and something we've all felt at one point or another but channeling that through level headed constructive criticism is what I would advise instead of focusing on the wrong parts as most of your post seems to have been about.
    I'd say that everything I've mentioned so far has been level headed, as far as not focusing on the wrong parts goes, that is going to happen when things are progressing at this speed and basic functionality is still not there in lots of places, there has not been a worthwhile patch that has shown any progress since June, its now almost September.

Quote Originally Posted by whytw0kane View Post
    Exactly, this is exactly what I mean by running before you can walk. the basics (like a tournament) should be working before this stuff happens.

Basic functionality should be coming before making cards look pretty.

Progress would be the tournament working as advertised.

Right, so there not working then? Thanks for clearing that up, Look at the numbers the hundreds of poker sites out there can handle for example, 500 people is not alot, its an absolute basic that there is no excuse for not being functional after this long.

It defeats the purpose of having an auction house, its not really an auction house when the only viable method to get cards in a timely manner a buy out is it?

What? I would suggest checking out any version of NHL/FIFA/Madden Ultimate team which has had auctions (actual auctions, that function like an auction rather than this mess) for at least 4 years. ]

An auction is hardly rocket science is it? More basic functionality that has just been half done.

I'd say that everything I've mentioned so far has been level headed, as far as not focusing on the wrong parts goes, that is going to happen when things are progressing at this speed and basic functionality is still not there in lots of places, there has not been a worthwhile patch that has shown any progress since June, its now almost September.

You are truly not understanding anything at all, are you? The reason these tournaments aren't working is simply development time - that is standard for all games. However, you complain that new features, polish, and more, are being pushed... So what on earth are the devs in charge of the UI meant to do if they can't work on the UI until the tournaments are done? If they can't get those other features live, how are they meant to test them in a live environment, to see if there are any bugs?

You just fail to comprehend anything, and as Gwaer has said many times in the past, a certain type of person makes him wish that alpha/closed beta was not so readily available to so many people who are clueless. In my estimation, you are exactly the type of person Gwaer means. Every example you have used in any argument I have seen you make has been wildly inaccurate, and it is painfully obvious that while Hex might be right for you someday, now is not that time.

Please, for the good of us all, either stow your needless complaints (not a single one of which has ever been the slightest bit constructive, just whining, pure and simple), or simply stop playing until development is further along. You are doing yourself no favours, nor any of us.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    You are truly not understanding anything at all, are you? The reason these tournaments aren't working is simply development time - that is standard for all games. However, you complain that new features, polish, and more, are being pushed... So what on earth are the devs in charge of the UI meant to do if they can't work on the UI until the tournaments are done? If they can't get those other features live, how are they meant to test them in a live environment, to see if there are any bugs?

You just fail to comprehend anything, and as Gwaer has said many times in the past, a certain type of person makes him wish that alpha/closed beta was not so readily available to so many people who are clueless. In my estimation, you are exactly the type of person Gwaer means. Every example you have used in any argument I have seen you make has been wildly inaccurate, and it is painfully obvious that while Hex might be right for you someday, now is not that time.

Please, for the good of us all, either stow your needless complaints (not a single one of which has ever been the slightest bit constructive, just whining, pure and simple), or simply stop playing until development is further along. You are doing yourself no favours, nor any of us.
    People having higher standards and expectations for what they should be getting for their money than yourself does not make them clueless.

Expecting people to not complain when there has not been a single sign of progress since June is absolutely laughable.

Hope this helps.

Holy shit you people really need to understand that 500 people in a single tournament is NOT even close to being the same thing as 500 online in the game.

It's not worth engaging with some people. It's clear this guy is a troll, stop legitimizing him. No signs of progress since June? How can anyone take someone that says that seriously. Just look at his post history, and ignore him.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    It's not worth engaging with some people. It's clear this guy is a troll, stop legitimizing him. No signs of progress since June? How can anyone take someone that says that seriously. Just look at his post history, and ignore him.

Yes I havnt got 5000 posts so my opinion isnt valid

Can you show me some progress on the client since the auction house was added in June?