Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 147 of 147

Thread: HEX Update Free Tournament This Saturday

  1. #141
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by whytw0kane View Post
    People having higher standards and expectations for what they should be getting for their money than yourself does not make them clueless.

    Expecting people to not complain when there has not been a single sign of progress since June is absolutely laughable.

    Hope this helps.
    No it doesn't, because you're the only one who doesn't get it.

    To everyone else, let's leave whytw0kane alone, he probably has a tough enough time surviving in the real world with his patience and expectations.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

    Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by whytw0kane View Post
    People having higher standards and expectations for what they should be getting for their money than yourself does not make them clueless.

    Expecting people to not complain when there has not been a single sign of progress since June is absolutely laughable.

    Hope this helps.
    Except that you are completely misrepresenting the idea of 'progress'. We have had some progress, and are about to see a lot more. As for what you are getting for you money? You are not obligated to pay. Feel free to step away from the PC and not use the contents of your wallet, if you feel that it is not currently worth it.

    Fact of the matter is that the quality of the game is more than high enough for most players, and you are just stirring the pot. Now, either start being constructive, or kindly take a break from posting and reconsider your approach.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiany View Post
    No it doesn't, because you're the only one who doesn't get it.

    To everyone else, let's leave whytw0kane alone, he probably has a tough enough time surviving in the real world with his patience and expectations.
    If you think I am the only one that is unhappy with how things are happening then you are extremely delusional. Difference is I am willing to put my opinion across, alot will just leave the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Except that you are completely misrepresenting the idea of 'progress'. We have had some progress, and are about to see a lot more. As for what you are getting for you money? You are not obligated to pay. Feel free to step away from the PC and not use the contents of your wallet, if you feel that it is not currently worth it.

    Fact of the matter is that the quality of the game is more than high enough for most players, and you are just stirring the pot. Now, either start being constructive, or kindly take a break from posting and reconsider your approach.
    Already paid up via kickstarter (which made the game sound alot closer to being somewhat ready/functional than it actually is)

    Quality of the game is good, I've said that in a previous post, however, everything else and the way and speed of things being are done isnt.

    Telling someone to stop posting because they dont share your view is absolutely pathetic, everyone as a paying customer is entitled to an opinion on how things are being done.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by whytw0kane View Post
    If you think I am the only one that is unhappy with how things are happening then you are extremely delusional. Difference is I am willing to put my opinion across, alot will just leave the game.



    Already paid up via kickstarter (which made the game sound alot closer to being somewhat ready/functional than it actually is)

    Quality of the game is good, I've said that in a previous post, however, everything else and the way and speed of things being are done isnt.

    Telling someone to stop posting because they dont share your view is absolutely pathetic, everyone as a paying customer is entitled to an opinion on how things are being done.
    Hold on, I am not telling you to stop posting because I disagree. I myself have had some concerns about the pace of the game. I, however, tend to make only useful posts to inform other players what is going on, or about new suggestions. You, on the other hand, have done absolutely nothing but complain, the entire time.

    Just because you paid doesn't give you the right to come in and complain - you paid for the finished product. You got beta access - that is not the finished product. Now, if you wanted to raise these complaints when the game was complete, rather than when they were actually testing features, you would have a valid complaint. So, like I said - if you don't want to pay during the beta, thats just fine. But don't complain when they do testing that absolutely has to be done.

    If you have any training in the area, you could give useful suggestions. Otherwise, accept that you cannot change things by complaining, and pipe down.

    (For the record, I don't mind if people are unhappy with the current state of the game. I just don't think that they should come in here and only post complaints. Feel free to say you are upset with something, but if you do, try to suggest a useful way to change what you are unhappy about.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Hold on, I am not telling you to stop posting because I disagree. I myself have had some concerns about the pace of the game. I, however, tend to make only useful posts to inform other players what is going on, or about new suggestions. You, on the other hand, have done absolutely nothing but complain, the entire time.

    Just because you paid doesn't give you the right to come in and complain - you paid for the finished product. You got beta access - that is not the finished product. Now, if you wanted to raise these complaints when the game was complete, rather than when they were actually testing features, you would have a valid complaint. So, like I said - if you don't want to pay during the beta, thats just fine. But don't complain when they do testing that absolutely has to be done.

    If you have any training in the area, you could give useful suggestions. Otherwise, accept that you cannot change things by complaining, and pipe down.

    (For the record, I don't mind if people are unhappy with the current state of the game. I just don't think that they should come in here and only post complaints. Feel free to say you are upset with something, but if you do, try to suggest a useful way to change what you are unhappy about.)
    By the entire time you mean the past week in all of 2 threads? Its not as if I've been complaining for months on end is it? I'm sure I'll contribute to the forums at some point in the future in ways other than complaining, right now though its fairly simple, there is a lot wrong and progress (at least in terms of what is visible to user, which is what matters) is somewhere between none existent and extremely minimal over the last few months.

    The progress is laughably slow as I'm sure we can all agree with, but its not just that, its there also seems to be a massive lack of communication or bothering to let the community know what is going on, the whole set 2 release for example has been advertised for august for how long? It taking up until the 29th of August before someone has the decency to tell us its being delayed and even then not giving any kind of time frame for it is unacceptable by any standard.

    There isnt really any solution that can be suggested other than simply everything thats happening should be happening quicker.
    Last edited by whytw0kane; 08-31-2014 at 01:04 PM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by whytw0kane View Post
    By the entire time you mean the past week in all of 2 threads? Its not as if I've been complaining for months on end is it? I'm sure I'll contribute to the forums at some point in the future in ways other than complaining, right now though its fairly simple, there is a lot wrong and progress (at least in terms of what is visible to user, which is what matters) is somewhere between none existent and extremely minimal over the last few months.

    The progress is laughably slow as I'm sure we can all agree with, but its not just that, its there also seems to be a massive lack of communication or bothering to let the community know what is going on, the whole set 2 release for example has been advertised for august for how long? It taking up until the 29th of August before someone has the decency to tell us its being delayed and even then not giving any kind of time frame for it is unacceptable by any standard.

    There isnt really any solution that can be suggested other than simply everything thats happening should be happening quicker.
    Progress has never been exceptionally fast on major features though - but outside progress is not equal to in-house progress. Have you experienced the patches? One day something is horribly broken, next day it suddenly works - thats what their team does, regularly. But it always takes a few attempts (except the auction house, which does everything that was advertised, barring the newly added view pages by number, which we can agree isn't major.)

    You can't blame slow client progress on them as though they are sitting on their hands. PvE is happening behind the scenes, as is set 2, double backs, guilds, etc etc etc... We see maybe one feature a month (August's was tutorial) and the importance and quality does vary, but it is steady outward progress, and by that we can judge the internal speed as quite fast, all thigns considered.

    As everything stands, it seems you understand the problems, and understand you know of no way to improve things - so why bother bitching about it? You are literally a drop in the bucket of complainers, and do you think it has ever made the slightest impact? Now - might I suggest you join in as a community member and take your mind off the client progress, because you and me being at each others throats is doing nothing but making a few devs smile during a lunchbreak.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  7. #147
    HEX Employee Chark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,436
    As fun as it is watching people armchair game development and community management, I think this thread has ran its course.

    We're obviously not happy that the tournament didn't happen. It goes without saying that it's not our intent to have things fail like that. We'll do what we've always done in cases like that: take care of the community and try to fix things. Expect another try at a later date.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •