Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX Update – Free Tournament This Saturday

Master Theorycrafter
    Will the new AI also be participating in the tournament, and if so does it count as a CZE employee?

So, no Hex presence at Dragon Con, then scheduling a large, free tournament on the same weekend.

Did someone piss off the Hex crew last year here in Atlanta?

Cool, for once I get to participate. At least I'll try. It starts at 10 PM my time, so I might be a bit zombie-ish towards the end... How many games all in all? What I'm asking is after how many games should I just drop out if I have no wins? This is a distinct possibility, as I am not a huge constructed player. Looking forward to getting some ideas from my opponents' decks though

Awesome news. I LOVE all the FREEBIES :-)

Got into the beta today thanks to some kind person on the forum, i'll try to join this it should be fun, if i can that is, do i need some bought pvp cards? how does it work i just have the dwarven starter deck and the cards for beating the entrance ai.
    Last edited by FreezingRain; 08-28-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingRain View Post
    Got into the beta today thanks to some kind person on the forum, i'll try to join this it should be fun, if i can that is, do i need some bought pvp cards? how does it work i just have the dwarven starter deck and the cards for beating the entrance ai.
    You can play any deck you like as long as you follow the usual rules (no more than 4 of the same card, no more than 4 of the same gem in socketable cards, and minimum 60 cards in the deck). If you have a good grasp on the game, you should be able to score 1 or 2 wins because so many other new players will join too.
    Hex Name: Kalassar ; Twitter: @Kalassar1

You're welcome to join in even with just a starter deck. It's highly unlikely that you'll win all rounds, but the Swiss ranking system will tend to rank you against players with a similar record as the tournament progresses, so you should have a decent chance of winning at least 1-2 games and winning some free packs and gold as a result - especially if lots of new players also join in.

If you have the time to join in, you definitely should. Just don't get discouraged if the person you play against in round 1 has a ridiculously strong deck vs. your starter deck - it will get easier for you as the tournament progresses.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Thanks for the answers to my question, i have a little experience in mtg 2015 and hearthstone and do ok, so i'll give it a go, thanks again.

Devoted Emissary
    damn, I will not pass on hanging out with some friends I can only see Saturday night.

Wish I could join, but private life > card games and Saturday evening/night is the most unpleasant time, this could happen

But good luck and lots of fun to the people, whose friends and family support this

Gigantisaur
    i have a question!

has CZE upgraded their ability to handle so many players since last time? I curious to know the progress being made. It's always nice to hear about progress
    Hextcg Pro Tier