Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Collectable Gameboards/Playmats

Veteran Gladiator
    Awesome idea Zophie

Tradeable or not, I don't mind, if people want to sell them and people want to buy them, then why not?

Could be as simple as a Ruby theme or artwork, leading up to full blown UI skins

Do you remember Might and Magic 7? Half way through the game you had to make a choice and received a new UI, I remember the first time it happened, blew my mind.
    KICKSTARTER Backer - Keep name Gondolin
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Master of Gifs
    I want to see a pirate themed gameboard where you play cards on the deck of a ship, maybe have tattered sails and ropes and barrels on the sides of the screen, a quiet ambience of waves and the ship creaking sounds in the background, and maybe a custom turn phase/timer tracker on the side that looks like a ships wheel.

Slightly off subject. I would...probably buy a mouse pad, that looked like a cool hex play mat. >.>
    I don't post often. But when I do, you still don't have to listen.

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost3 View Post
    Slightly off subject. I would...probably buy a mouse pad, that looked like a cool hex play mat. >.>
    I would definitely buy a physical Hex playmat even if there are no physical Hex cards

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    I would definitely buy a physical Hex playmat even if there are no physical Hex cards
    Custom Hex tablet cases...

Why does everyone hate the idea of trading things in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Glae View Post
    Why does everyone hate the idea of trading things in this game?
    It depends on what they are and how they are earned. Purely cosmetic items are a 'no harm, no foul' sort of deal. Anything with an actual effect needs to be tradeable. (I still don't agree with the choice to bind merc to an account after use.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Eh, it seems like people just want to prevent others from being able to get them later, so they can remain the only members of the cool kids club. Mercenaries should def be tradable, as Cory had promised nothing that affects mechanics should be locked behind exclusivity. But this may be one of the many changes they've made since KS in order to act as a platinum and gold sink. I still think sleeves *should* be tradeable. If play mats were in as a non-tradable random drop I would "look forward" to raging in chat about how I still can't get the one playmat that I wanted, while my friend has gotten that drop a bunch of times.

Its just silly. I can and have traded play mats IRL with friends, why should Hex arbitrarily decide that I can't do it.

If they're a reward from an achievement that is always attainable I *guess* I'd be okay with non tradable.

Awesome idea. I think it would probably be best to treat the playmats like mercenaries...so that they can be traded until they're used. Also why not have it be your playmat on one side of the board and your opponent's playmat on the other side? With of course some exceptions such as winning the Hex Championship should give a play mat that can't be traded.

So wait... you *could* trade the Championship mat, but *not* some random plain old playmat?