Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post

That's rough buddy, sorry to hear that. Just remember the pain you feel now is because of all the great memories you have. Hang in there!
    Thanks. I don't really know what else to say, but it means a lot - and Garfield has just the right answer.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Digital adaptation of Reiner Knizia's The Confrontation but without the LoTR theme. Basically, it's Stratego on steroids:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-pc-mac-and-ip

Not trying to bring this thread down but I didn't want to post this anywhere on it's own.

Some of you may know from chatting in some streams that my daughter had an incurable genetic illness. Her condition finally worsened in the last few weeks and she passed on the 14th and we had her funeral on the 20th. It's been a long 4 years, but our family is finally moving on from the paralysis that was an incurable genetic disease. Here was her obituary.

Olivia Mae Menard was granted her angel wings on April 14th 2015, following a lifelong illness. Her final days were spent surrounded by family and friends that Livi had touched in some small way throughout her short, yet very memorable life. She passed away in her Mommy and Daddy's arms.

Livi's life would seem too short to many but those who knew her understood the quality of her existence far exceeded the quality of time in witch she lived. Her smile brought joy to everyone who saw it and, although she never spoke, her love and happiness could always be heard.

Although Livi's illness left her with many physical and developmental challenges, the strength and courage she possessed gave her an ability to overcome incredible odds. Livi brought happiness to every situation. She loved to rock in her chair, listen to her music box, and most of all, she loved her family. We will miss Livi everyday, but will try our best to remember her greatest lesson: enjoy everyday to the fullest and focus on what's important. Throughout her four years, we were able to create wonderful memories and it has been a privilege to be her parents. Livi is survived by her loving parents, Chad and Jen Menard; paternal grandparents Richard and Carolyn Menard; maternal grandparents Jeffery and Suzanne Smith. She is also survived by her paternal great-grandmother Barbara Fairburn; her maternal great-grandfather Lester Hubbard; and many Aunts, Uncles, and cousins who loved her dearly.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the GFPD in honor of Olivia.

The Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders
    5147 S. Harvard Avenue, Suite 181
    Tulsa, OK 74138
    www.thegfpd.org

Olivia2.jpg

Here's to the continuing crusade to get her immortalized in some Hex card art.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    My cat, Cricket:

He died earlier this year. I still love him, though.
    I know I'm a probably a bit late to this but I'm very sorry for your loss. I grew up with my cat who passed quite a while ago and I know how much they can mean to us.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadatog View Post
    Not trying to bring this thread down but I didn't want to post this anywhere on it's own.

Some of you may know from chatting in some streams that my daughter had an incurable genetic illness. Her condition finally worsened in the last few weeks and she passed on the 14th and we had her funeral on the 20th. It's been a long 4 years, but our family is finally moving on from the paralysis that was an incurable genetic disease.
    I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, this must be a very difficult time for you and my heart goes out to you and your family. Have comfort knowing your angel is watching over you now. I made a donation to the GFPD for Olivia. Take care.

I just thought I'd toss this in here. I came across this boardgame on KickStarter. It's a CCG simulation boardgame. As meta as it sounds, the game mimics the culture and competitive nature of being a collector/player. You buy boosters, play the market, trade with other players, manage your collection, and even "compete" in tournaments. I totally dig it, backed, and thought I'd share. It's designed by Level99 Games, the same designer who came out with BattleCon: Devastation of Indines a few years ago. If anyone is vaguely interested, I suggest you check it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tor-board-game
    Last edited by Ju66ernaut; 04-27-2015 at 09:25 PM.

I looked through the Kickstarter and was getting more and more excited as I went. Then I went to pledge and was put off by the ridiculous shipping cost. $50 for the game (which is fine) but $35 shipping to Canada (despite shipping from within Canada).

Nerfed Baby Yeti AA
    Quote Originally Posted by Daer View Post
    I looked through the Kickstarter and was getting more and more excited as I went. Then I went to pledge and was put off by the ridiculous shipping cost. $50 for the game (which is fine) but $35 shipping to Canada (despite shipping from within Canada).
    That's the issue with non-digital KS's sometimes :/ usually they have stretch goals to reduce shipping costs.

I've backed ~20 boardgame Kickstarters and I don't think I've ever seen a stretch goal to reduce shipping.