Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic Thread

Master of Gifs
    sorry but I also have to post this, i'm so freakin excited right now about this movie you guys I've been waiting for this for so long and suddenly it's just a couple months away:

High Tomb Lord
    So I just found out about this game Doomtown Reloaded anyone ever try it?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    sorry to hear about your cat xen, sounds like she lived a good long life and I'm sure she was loved in your home, take care buddy.
    Thanks Zophie, and yeah, we loved her to bits despite her being a grumpy old sod.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Hmm. As far as LCG's go it looks kinda wonky with the whole poker/playing cards aspect.
    Not to mention that I'm personally not a fan of western themes. Doesn't meant that you wouldn't enjoy it if you have someone to play it with regularly. It looks like its PvP only thou.
    You might enjoy a Co-Op board game a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I hate to pile on, but during the night one of our cats passed away in her sleep. She was old, which softens the blow a little, but she was mostly healthy for her age (16.)

She is going to be sorely missed. I really can't wait for this week to end, it has been pure misery.
    I'm so sorry mate, losing a pet is just as heartbreaking as losing a person. Thoughts are with you.

Celine Dion's husband makes three... My mom and grandma always say deaths come in threes, and now we have three entertainment moguls dying of cancer in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    sorry but I also have to post this, i'm so freakin excited right now about this movie you guys I've been waiting for this for so long and suddenly it's just a couple months away:

Zophie I'm crazy excited about this too. Let's have a movie date <3

Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    Celine Dion's husband makes three... My mom and grandma always say deaths come in threes, and now we have three entertainment moguls dying of cancer in a week.
    You forgot Lemmy. More than a week, but still close.

It's very complicated, and hard to find players for, because the barrier to entry is very high. It's a pretty niche game that's neat if you really get into it.

If that's not your thing, I always recommend Androind: Netrunner as far as LCGs go. Also complicated, but very very good game.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

What Aradon said is fairly true. Doomtown does have some pretty cool mechanics and the gameplay can be quite good but it has a BIG initial learning curve. The publishing rights were recently (within 2 years) bought by Alderac Games and they've been trying to breathe some life back into the game. With its initial re-launch at GenCon 2014 there was a lot of hype around it but most of that seems to have died down. My guess is just that that initial hump of learning the rules was a big barrier as far as people being able to get their friends to play with them.

If "weird west" is your thing I definitely recommend checking it out at least and the core box really isn't too expensive. I also highly recommend Shadows of Brimstone (a dungeon crawler) if the setting is what appeals to you, though this one has a much higher price point. Back to Doomtown though if what you're looking for is a Living Card Game that you can get into I'd probably recommend one of Fantasy Flight's titles first, namely Android: Netrunner, which has a cyber-punk theme to it. Netrunner has one of the steepest initial learning curves and (at least my version) probably has one of the most poorly written rulebooks in all of gaming when it comes to introducing new players to the game. If you're interested I'd recommend watching a video to learn the rules instead.

Edit: I should note if you're looking for organized play for Doomtown you'll have a very hard time finding it locally wherever you are, but Netrunner has a pretty big following.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!