Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stress Test Tournament - This Saturday

Stress Test Tournament - This Saturday

This Saturday, October 18th at Noon Pacific, we are running a free Constructed tournament with no maximum player cap. The goal is to have fun and test tournaments beyond the scheduled 128-player events and allow our engineers to gather data on their systems post-Patch King Gabriel. Make sure to log in before 11AM PDT as registration for the tournament starts at that time!

Cost – Zero platinum (FREE!)

4 Wins – 12 Shards of Fate packs, 20,000 gold
    3 Wins – 6 Shards of Fate packs, 10,000 gold
    2 wins – 2 Shards of Fate packs, 5,000 gold
    1 win – 1 Shards of Fate pack

HEX Entertainment staff will also be in the queue. Should you meet any of them on the fields of battle, they’ll give you a store code for 3 packs and a draft ticket, win or lose. BAM! So, come help us out and win some prizes too. Thanks!

UPDATE
    As an added bonus, anyone who is online October 18th, between 12PM PDT and 2PM PDT will receive a free constructed tournament ticket. This constructed tournament ticket will be inserted into accounts 24 to 48 hours after the event.

UPDATE 2
    Hi all. Thanks for participating in our Tournament stress test. We crashed the tournament server with the stress test and as a result the tournament is a no go. Though, the stress test is successful in the sense that the bug fixes we've implemented since the last stress test held up, and we have new data with which the engineers can identify the newly discovered bugs with unlimited, no-player-cap tournaments.

We've made a log of the 815 people who were in the tournament and will award them the following for their time:

3x Event Tickets (free entries) into a constructed queue
    1x Event Ticket (free entry) into a scheduled constructed queue

In addition anyone who played a game from Noon to 2 PM Pacific will receive:

1x Event Ticket into a constructed queue

We'll grant these on Monday when we're back in the office. Thanks again for your help improving HEX!
    Last edited by Shaqattaq; 10-18-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Awesome! Maybe this time it will actually fire off
    Hex Name: Kalassar ; Twitter: @Kalassar1

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow2000 View Post
    Awesome! Maybe this time it will actually fire off
    Yes... firing off is certainly what I'm hoping for... not more precious free tickets to use on set 2...

Gigantisaur
    Is this swiss? Assume so can we get confirmation.
    Thanks.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

It's always 4 round swiss. They don't have a tournament type for more than 128 competitive programmed ATM. That's also why the prizes are listed in wins rather than standings. You'd have to go more than 4 rounds to get a competitive finale.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Veteran Gladiator
    Looks like I'll be spending the evening with my thinking cap on trying to get a tournament level deck built up...

High Tomb Lord
    YEAH! Freestuff!!! Thank you guys
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Gigantisaur
    I wouldn't put too much effort into building a deck. There is a moderate chance the tournament won't fire. Hoping it does though, I'd like to fill my afternoon with a Hex tournament
    Hextcg Pro Tier

Veteran Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejon24 View Post
    I wouldn't put too much effort into building a deck. There is a moderate chance the tournament won't fire. Hoping it does though, I'd like to fill my afternoon with a Hex tournament
    when it does fire though. i shall be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ksetrat View Post
    when it does fire though. i shall be ready.
    All that effort into building a deck, and then you likely get pwned by a Shin'Hare starter deck
    Hex Name: Kalassar ; Twitter: @Kalassar1