Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to report a trading scam?

Quote Originally Posted by chromus View Post
    Instead of building a list of bad apples (who, by the way, can now keep creating new accounts thanks to 'not-open-beta', rendering this list useless), isn't it better to have a list of trusted traders/shops with which you had a good experience with? This is not against any TOS and promotes a more positive trading environment.
    Yes, a trust traders list is much better than name and shame. If I have to do a roll call on all the people I traded with or donated to, I will, but put me on the trusted list either way - with my fame, it would be suicide to do anything shady.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    with my fame, it would be suicide to do anything shady.

You had me until this... I hope you don't really believe it, and no one should take a high post count to mean trustworthiness. Myself included in that obviously.

That's not to say, don't trust xenavire with your trades, but do the usual research, go to the trading subreddit, rank him, read reviews, same as everyone else.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    You had me until this... I hope you don't really believe it, and no one should take a high post count to mean trustworthiness. Myself included in that obviously.
    Well, this is true - my postcount alone is worth jack. But I have personally helped so many people, I run a semi well-known guild, have been a streamer, have done giveaways, etc etc... I would have to be a shitty person to take all the goodwill I have generated and turn it into a big mess like that.

That said - watch out for people attempting to dupe names, especially now that account creation is unrestricted. Don't accept trades from Xanavire, or Xɇnavire, etc - always verify names, reputations, and more.

Post counts and everything else aside though - I have stuck to every deal and every promised giveaway item (with the one exception where someone rejected the item I was going to gift them. Not much I can do about that if I can't even find their keep name to mail it to them. Such is life.)

Quote Originally Posted by syphonhail View Post
    This is why a trading reputation thread is important to have in warning others. This is what we were going for with reddit.com/r/hextcgtrading.
    This should be bumped every page of this discussion. What they are doing over in Reddit with intermediaries and trading reputation for Hex is A) awesome and B) needed.

People will trade now that mailing is allowed - yes, CZE can't actively police it 99.9% of the time, but that reddit community can and probably will.

And so it begins.

People making bad choices and then blaming other. Use the AH, that is what it is there for.

Also naming and shaming is bad as you do not know the truth of the situation and possibly hurting an innocent persons reputation is much worse than calling out some bad apples.

Be smart and don't get scammed.

With open beta here... You are taking a serious risk trading through mail unless you know the person you are trading with. Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
    Also naming and shaming is bad as you do not know the truth of the situation and possibly hurting an innocent persons reputation is much worse than calling out some bad apples.
    In the OPs defense, it was his first post in these forums and he immediately redacted the name after the second post of the thread where I said 'please don't use the person's name.' The intent was good, and it was and is a totally valid question of 'where do I report this?' even if the outcome in his favor looks grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post

That's not to say, don't trust xenavire with your trades, but do the usual research, go to the trading subreddit, rank him, read reviews, same as everyone else.
    Wait, am I trustworthy?
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Wait, am I trustworthy?
    'The man who has everything is the least likely to steal from others'. I think thats the quote, although a little paraphrased.

Also before anyone thinks they can trust some reddit posts, when the Diablo 3 gravy train was going on I lost $300 to someone who had an 8 year history of not screwing people over. That moment you trade someone a set of AA's or something who knows what will happen. It's not smart to bypass the AH until they put in actual trading, if they ever do.