Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Where to report a trading scam?

You are manipulating the feature that was intended strictly to GIVE stuff to people. CZE has said that this is not to be used as a sanctioned method of trading. Just because it can theoretically do that, doesn't mean that's what it is there for.

They do not need to spend resources trying to play detective and protect the players for something they don't want happening. That is the fundamental reason. If you want to jump the gun and have trading when they are not securely ready to put it in, you do so at your own risk.

You can yell and scream all you want about how they should protect it, so you can do what is advantageous to you, and ignore that a mailing feature being used for other purposes such as trading, is not supported.

If Hex came out and said you can buy platinum from the store, but one in ten times you will be double billed for it and there is nothing you can do about it and you are buying plat at your own risk then it's on you to decide if you want to buy it. If that turns you away from the game, so be it. Hex has come out and said they are not supporting transactions via the mailing tool as an alternative for trading. If that turns you away from the game, so be it.

There is really nothing to argue about.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Wait, am I trustworthy?
    I dont trust ya. Must be the avatar.
    Grand King Netdecker Extraordinaire Collector

I wouldn't expect anything out of the report. Trading isn't in the game - if you mailed cards, that's considered gifting. The other person can claim that you two were also talking on skype and that he sent you something on paypal in exchange, for example.

I would use the auction house until trading is implemented.
    Last edited by Mike411; 10-28-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Gigantisaur
    I completely disagree.

Anyone who makes a claim about third party communication of trade details should be ignored, you're pretending that that information has to be given merit by CZE when thats simply not the case.

I'm getting kind of sick of these "it doesn't matter what you call it, it's actually this" threads. Mailing is not trading. People can USE it to try to trade, but that does not make it trading. If you get ripped off by someone who promises to mail you something, you have only yourself to blame. I will say the same thing I say every time: don't mail things to people you don't know, unless you're not expecting to get anything back.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Gigantisaur
    Mailing is trading because its the primary alternative from the AH thats currently in the game.

Call a spade a spade and live in reality, people use what they have.

So a person wants to dig a hole in their yard, doesn't have a spade, but does have a chainsaw in their garage, is the chainsaw manufacturer responsible for any injuries the person will incur because they decided to use a tool for a use other than it's intended use, simply because he didn't have any alternative?
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by Zomnivore View Post
    Mailing is trading because its the primary alternative from the AH thats currently in the game.

Call a spade a spade and live in reality, people use what they have.
    That's not a spade, it's a logical fallacy. You need to get your eyes checked.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    So a person wants to dig a hole in their yard, doesn't have a spade, but does have a chainsaw in their garage, is the chainsaw manufacturer responsible for any injuries the person will incur because they decided to use a tool for a use other than it's intended use, simply because he didn't have any alternative?
    Only if you didn't call a chainsaw a spade.
    Watch me on Twitch!

Gigantisaur
    Have you even heard of an ETA on trading implementation? I haven't.

I heard about direct trading, and the AH and look what we have....direct trading, and the AH.

Now its some sort of magical non trading mechanism? Right...

Once again this is intellectually dishonest behavior supporting the grey market.
    Last edited by Zomnivore; 10-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.