Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Where to report a trading scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Zomnivore View Post
    Have you even heard of an ETA on trading implementation? I haven't.

I heard about direct trading, and the AH and look what we have....direct trading, and the AH.

Now its some sort of magical non trading mechanism? Right...

Once again this is intellectually dishonest behavior supporting the grey market.
    I am starting to lose track of what you are saying here, so lets recap...

Don't trade with strangers if you think they may scam you. /thread

Frankly though, thats still worth remembering when real trading is available - if you get an unfair trade, because you didn't do the research, and you trading partner convinced you it was a good trade, HexEnt won't magically make it better.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zomnivore View Post
    Have you even heard of an ETA on trading implementation? I haven't.

I heard about direct trading, and the AH and look what we have....direct trading, and the AH.

Now its some sort of magical non trading mechanism? Right...

Once again this is intellectually dishonest behavior supporting the grey market.
    To be fair I have not heard an ETA on a lot of things. Does not mean they are not comming though.

Also this is not direct trading, if it was both sides would be happening at the same time.

In the end we have all learned a valuable lesson, use the AH, that is all.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernz View Post
    everyone who mails me 100 plat i will mail back 200 plat "for sure"
    EVE Online is thataway -> -> ->

Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    EVE Online is thataway -> -> ->
    EVE Online's stance on trading and scams is still by far my favorite in any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfog View Post
    In the end we have all learned a valuable lesson, use the AH, that is all.
    There are many sources that are currently trying to establish themselves/their platforms as 'trusted traders'. If one wants to trade/buy/sell outside of the in-game AH, I would recommend checking those out before trading with random individuals.

First of there is no Scam all the places I did contact (support gameforge staff members) did their best to not call it a Scam and didn't accept what does happen as a Scam. ( I totally do not agree with that behaviour but i have to accept their choice). So official stance is there is no Scam and support say nothing did happen no action will be taken everything is legal.

So we did get rid of Vip because a possible abuse but this here seems to be no problem even if this will cause a lot people to be upset about what did happen to them.

We can only hope they implement proper trading and don't take the same stance they did take now in the next "abuse" problems that will show up. But yeah this did leave a very bad after taste to me making it open beta and letting some many people getting scammed with out taking proper action and only hiding behind we did warn you to not use that feature. And i hope they don't want to take the EVE online stance on such things because thats the worst possible way to handle it.

Hello everyone,

I just want to communicate our official scam policy. When scams are reported to us via support.hextcg.com, the following happens:

1. We investigate the validity of the claims against the alleged scammer. If we determine that the claims are valid, we issue a punitive action against the scammer that ranges from a warning to a suspension of the account. The actions are at sole discretion of the customer service agents and are based on the severity of the scam as well as past scam-related experiences (if any) with the account.

2. We do not return items back to the person who reported the scam.

Trades by mail are not enforced by the game in any way, so you do them at your own risk. It's important that players understand this. We believe that the safe alternative is the Auction House and the platinum currency. There is very little reason to barter for goods when these two mechanisms exist in the game.

Mailing things to others should be reserved for friends sharing cards with no expectations of getting something in return.

Down the road we hope to implement peer to peer trading systems that have both party validations as well as Cash on Delivery options for mail. Until these game features are in, I would advise against any significant trades outside of the Auction House. The 5 percent savings are not worth it for potentially getting scammed.

Thanks Chark - is there a plan to broadcast this in-game somehow?
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

That is the exact policy I had assumed you guys would take. Glad to hear Chark.
    Watch me on Twitch!