Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [ Suggestion ] Enable Set 2 Boosters To Save The Economy!

Lightbulb [ Suggestion ] Enable Set 2 Boosters To Save The Economy!

I think we all know the economy is going downhill really fast, and will keep going downhill untill set 2 releases.

So here is my idea:

Make it possible to buy set 2 boosters, but make it so that people can't play with the cards untill they are ready to be played with! ( Which should be that what we are waiting for? Unless it has to do with legal issues ( lawsuit? ))

You can still buy / sell cards and create decks which would give a huge boost to the economy and playerbase ( theorycrafters rejoice! ). Being able to create decks with them isn't mandatory to save the auction house and will require some coding to prevent people from entering constructed matches with set 2 cards but would be a nice addition.

Just one problem:

Most? people refuse to open boosters unless they can draft with them as drafting gives lots of added value, and fun!
    There are multiple ways to fix this but most of them will be impossible to implement before set 2 is ready.

I think the best way to get people to open the boosters is to give them a discount or special reward to make up for not being able to draft with the packs. But there are many other ways of which I'm sure you guys can come up with!
    2x King Tier

There is zero evidence the economy is going downhill fast.

In addition, HEX just opened huge potential demand today by removing the key requirement. Card and pack prices will steadily increase over the coming days and weeks.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Master Theorycrafter
    They have already presold tons of game content that needs to be delivered. Adding to the list would be very shady imo

Colin, the glacial progress of Hex continues to fuel this "out of money" speculation.
    Last edited by ryuukan; 10-29-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    There is zero evidence the economy is going downhill fast.

In addition, HEX just opened huge potential demand today by removing the key requirement. Card and pack prices will steadily increase over the coming days and weeks.
    No they just increased the supply even more over time, people only need x cards and will have way more cards to sell after drafting for a month... Diablo 3 auction house had the same problem, 1 person would only need 100 items in his lifetime and would find 10.000+ to sell. Which in return would increase the price of the near perfect items and lower the price of the rest. I remember finding 1000's of good items which were worth close to nothing, and one time I found an almost perfect item which sold for $300...

What we really need is a way to dump cards, like a crafting system which converts cards into materials. Right now the supply will keep increasing and increasing and increasing. Set 2 will increase demand for a few weeks but then it starts all over again.
    Last edited by Struyk; 10-29-2014 at 04:52 AM.
    2x King Tier

Master Theorycrafter
    Diablo has a far greater population and there is no collector aspect to it.
    TCG players often try to acquire a full set, sometimes 4x full set just to hold on to forever and be buried with.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Struyk View Post
    I think we all know the economy is going downhill really fast, and will keep going downhill untill set 2 releases.
    And you are basing this on what indicators? Apart from the price levels on the AH, which are inherently skewed, we have no data to adjudicate the Hex economy. It's all assumptions or conjecture.

What we had until yesterday was a nearly saturated market. Literature suggests three ways to break out of that:

1. Higher Market Share (we already have a supplier monopoly)
    2. Improved Product (that would be Set 2)
    3. Population Growth (getting more customers into the market - No-Key-Beta)

Consequently we should expect a steady growth of 3., plus eventually 2. to completely turn things around.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

It doesn't matter if there is some excess right now (which based on the AH it clearly isn't at that high of a level). When playerbase goes up, the demand for the cards will increase. Right now there is only a handful of people collecting this excess.

Furthermore, unlike d3, demand for these cards will never go away. 5 years from now a new player is going to want set 1 cards.

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    And you are basing this on what indicators? Apart from the price levels on the AH, which are inherently skewed, we have no data to adjudicate the Hex economy. It's all assumptions or conjecture.

What we had until yesterday was a nearly saturated market. Literature suggests three ways to break out of that:

1. Higher Market Share (we already have a supplier monopoly)
    2. Improved Product (that would be Set 2)
    3. Population Growth (getting more customers into the market - No-Key-Beta)

Consequently we should expect a steady growth of 3., plus eventually 2. to completely turn things around.
    I think 3 only increases the problem, like I mentoined earlier.
    After a dozen drafts any player will have way more supply than demand, even new players.

If you have too many tomatoes ( the problem The Netherlands had because of Russia boycot ) then you find a way to dump them.
    What we did ( I'm Dutch ) was hosting multiple events, for example one was to make 2400 bowls of tomato soup in a 24 hour marathon in Leeuwarden and tomato fight's everywhere.

Hex would need a way to remove people's extra cards, for example a crafting system in which you turn cards into crafting materials. Most commons I got 50+ and most uncommons I got 20+, I can't sell them because nobody wants them ( as they have many themselves ) so I need another way to get rid of them. Which would in return lower supply and increase demand ( because people want them for crafting materials ).

My solution to release set 2 boosters is only temporarely, hex economy is on the brink of destruction right now. It might not seem so but imagine what will happen when more and more people finish their play set? Then they go from demand mode to supply mode ( which is what happened to me ).

Also I don't see how new players help the economy? They have to buy platinum from Hex to begin with, which doesn't lower the supply of people's platinum... If they would buy it from other people ( which isn't safe ) then the market would probably survive. Ofcourse buying platinum from Hex still increases demand for cards ( as people have platinum to spend ), but that just makes the rich richer and the poor poorer, which you don't want when set 2 releases.
    Last edited by Struyk; 10-29-2014 at 05:23 AM.
    2x King Tier

The economy has actually been just fine and AH prices have been very stable. I expect the new influx of players from Ninja Beta to at the very least keep the prices at their current levels, probably actually increase them. You are adding new demand in the form of players with 0 cards in their collections while the supply largely stays the same (in the short term).

In fact, all this 'economy is doomed' nonsense has been coming up ever since the launch of AH in late June. Looking at the AH Sold Data provided by Chark (which includes sold cards from June 25 to September 12) the average sell price of Legendaries have remained in the $4.3-$4.5 area and the average sell price of Rares have remained in the $1 area. We have no data since then (come on Chark, we need feeding!) but browsing through the AH listed prices now suggests no relevant change.
    Last edited by chromus; 10-29-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Master Theorycrafter
    When did "ninja" become something you are expecting for months and then finally decides to show up