Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex Community Rock League - Season 2!

Hex Community Rock League - Season 2!

Official website http://hexrockleague.azurewebsites.net/

When? Starts Monday 3rd November - 0.01AM GMT (Runs 4 weeks)
    Sign ups until? Sign up stays open, even when the league has already started. The more, the merrier.
    Who? Everyone is allowed to enter.
    Entrance fee? Free

What is that ‘Rock format’ you're talking about?
    Rock is a constructed format that follows normal construction rules (60 card deck, a maximum 4 of each card, etc.) but also restricts players by only allowing common cards and a maximum of 4 uncommon cards. (So no rare or legendary cards.) Please note that there is a separate banlist for this format (see below)

The term ‘Rock’ was chosen because they're basically worthless compared to gems/shards.

How does the League work?
    Every week you're allowed to play a maximum of 3 league matches for points. You may challenge anyone as long as they are signed up for the league. You can only play the same person once every two weeks. Matches are best of 3. A win will earn you 3 points, a loss will earn you 1 point. At the end of the season (4 weeks) the people with most points will be awarded some prizes (see below).

Playing more than the maximum allowed matches (3), you will earn tiebreaker points. Each win after the first 3 games will award you 1 tiebreaker point.

Again, you are free to play with anyone you want. Contact people on this list through the forum or just ask around in the chat if someone wants to play you for league points. If they have not signed up yet, have them post in this topic before you start the game. Afterwards you both have to post the result here.

Deck choice
    You are free to change your decks in between matches (not in between games!). It would be nice if you let us know which deck you played when you post your result, but that is not required. This way we can see what the meta is like.

Banlist
    For the second season there will be no bans!

Prizes
    The tournament is free, so for now all prizes come out of my own pocket. A breakdown is below:

1st place 5 Set 1 boosters + 1 Set 2 booster + GenCon 2014 Exclusive Sleeve + 1 Primal Pack
    2nd place 5 Set 1 boosters + 2 Set 2 boosters
    3rd-4th place 4 Set 1 booster + 1 Set 2 booster
    5th-8th place 3 Set 1 booster + 1 Set 2 booster
    9th-16th place 3 Set 1 booster
    17th-32rd place 2 Set 1 booster

The Grinder Challenge
    One GenCon 2014 Exclusive Sleeve will be given away to a random person who played the maximum allowed games for points each week (That means you have to play at least 3 matches each week to be able to win this prize).

One playset (4) of the Windbourne Acolyte will be given away to another random person completing this challenge.

The Diversity Challenge
    5x Set 1 Boosters and 1x Primal Pack will be given away to two random persons who played with 4 different champions twice during this season (4 weeks). If you want to be eligible for this prize, please make sure you report which champion you played with when reporting your score.

Door prize
    These prizes will be handed out to random people who were not in the top 32 and played at least 3 games.
    - 20 1x Set 1 booster
    - 1x Primal Pack

Random prizes
    We have 1x Primal Pack to give away to a random person for a "random" reason (It's not random, but I want to have the option to award someone for something special. So be on your best behavior! )

We're also giving away two times 1x Angel of Dawn to a random person who played at least three games!

Please note that all prizes (except the GenCon Sleeves) will be handed out with the in-game mailing system. Set 2 boosters will be handed out when they're available

Donations
    Glae : 40 Set 1 Boosters
    Hex_Colin: 27 Set 1 Boosters + 2x GenCon Sleeves
    rKeKoke: 4x Windbourne Acolyte
    SeriousBsnsGames: 13x Set 1 Boosters
    Teddyclaw: 3x Set 1 Boosters
    Barkam: 4x Set 1 Boosters (+6 next season)
    Nicosharp: 5x Set 1 Boosters (+5 next season)

If you want to donate to the prize pool, you’re very welcome to do so. You can either send them directly to our in-game account (RockLeague) or contact me through with a PM throught he forums. Donations will go only to the prize pool and I will try to give out as many prizes to as many people as possible.

Rules (recap)
    - 60 cards, only commons and a maximum of 4 uncommons. (So no rare or legendary cards)
    - You can only play the same person once every two weeks.
    - No reserves (until we get the option to use best of 3 through Proving Grounds)
    - Both winner and loser need to report the result of a game in this thread.
    - The first 3 games each week earn you points
    - You are allowed to play more games than the allowed maximum. Playing more than 3 games will award tiebreaker points.
    - Coin flip decides who starts each game, because we have not best of 3 in the Proving Grounds yet.
    - Please refrain from trying to play against certain decks or trying to avoid to play against certain decks. Deck and Champion choice should stay secret until the first game starts.

Ok. Sweet. How do I signup?
    Please respond to this topic with your in-game name. Thank you!
    Please note: If you played during Season 1, you do not have to sign up again!

Standings
    - Not yet available -

Signed up
    http://hexrockleague.azurewebsites.net/Players

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by Kroan; 11-24-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

So another season of Rock League. First off a huge thank you to all donations again! Without you guys we wouldn't be able to give away so much stuff! Prometheusfire won through Colin's giveaway some sweet loot for this season, so thanks to him as well for asking in that thread! Much appreciated! That being said, we got an awesome prize pool again, just like last season!

Glae also promised to even increase the size of the prizepool if we hit more players that played at least one game then last season. So get those friends playing!

After careful consideration we decided not to ban anything new. This is mainly because banning certain cards (looking at you Boulder Brute) would cause other strategies to be even more viable, without us having access to reserves or (possibly) Set 2.

Note that the website still shows Season 1, this will be changed during the weekend, so bare with me. Reporting games will still go through the forums, since I feel that this a) gives a social check to all reports and b) doesn't make people sign up to yet another site. I will work on a optional way to report/confirm games through the website though, which will most likely go into beta during this season. So stay tuned for that.

If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to ask!
    Last edited by Kroan; 10-31-2014 at 10:16 AM.

I'm in.

Keepname (are accounts still called keeps by the way?): Eimerian

PS: Some copy-paste shenanigans. In the sections "The Diversity Challenge" and "Banlist" you refer to this season as first season.

Thanks, I fixed that Also the tournament starts THIS MONDAY, 3rd of november.

If you had banned spellshield I would have participated. I am sad that you didnt. Spellshield just makes the games very stale.

Good luck to those participating and have fun!

Hey, I want to donate also
    how about 1 primal pack for each of the top 4

Yeah the situation with banning is hard. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Every ban has a consequence. Hopefully set 2 will be out by the time season 3 rolls around.

I am looking forward to another fun season thanks again Kroan for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_Jones View Post
    Thanks Cory and everyone else who donated prizes its just another example of how cool this community is.

Surely you mean a set 2 primal pack?

Okay, sign me up.
    Set 2 primal packs right Cory

Kroan - I'll also donate 10 set1 packs to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkam View Post
    If you had banned spellshield I would have participated. I am sad that you didnt. Spellshield just makes the games very stale.

Good luck to those participating and have fun!
    Plenty of ways to deal with spellshield - got to be creative.
    Last edited by nicosharp; 10-31-2014 at 11:23 AM.