Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *SPOILER ALERT* Accidential Knight discussion-May Contain Spoilers. Read Book First!

[QUOTE=ManofPeace;437880One example is Will's "leadership". Everyone defers to him and all of the more knowledgeable members simply allow him to make that decision regarding Katak.[/QUOTE]

I will say this bothered me. I was hoping for some sort of payoff to his decision. He fought hard to keep Katak alive, then. . . didn't know how to follow through. Will's gut feeling that he fought so hard for just fell through. It just seemed forced to get everyone in the same place (like ManOfPeace says). It's not like we didn't already have several bad decisions Will made for him to fret over.

Again, I liked the book as I read it and it's good for a licensed story if you don't analyze it too much. . . but this was something that actually bothered me while I was reading the book given its lack of payoff.

Gigantisaur
    In general I think major characters were too accessible and also too willing to defer to Will. Whether or not they didn't differ directly to Will they were in general too helpful. There needed to be a mite more stinginess imo.

I did not like the book very much. It wasn't nearly heavy enough.
    I'm glad it was free.

That said, it did do something very important for me though.
    I hate William. I hate William and his stupid baby face so much.
    I had trouble sleeping last night because of how much I hate this guy.
    This is a good thing. Because there is going to be a campaign in this game.

A game in which players can choose to play as factions are hostile towards humans.
    I am going to play as one of those races.
    I am going to find William.
    I am going to do terrible terrible things to him.
    The Rowan Line shall die by my hand!

You have earned my burning passion.
    I pray that you do not disappoint me.

Luckily your new title lets us know that you have plenty of room to store your hatred/burning passion.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Master Theorycrafter
    The deference to William is because of his heritage not because of himself. His actual personal points semi help but his inexperience should have had more questioning from the other characters. I think Katak was rushed but in place to provide some characterization of the necrotic. I think we may need some more foundation books that can put into light some of the short hand I think was used about the magic of this Entrath. More space for more novels most definitely.
    HexHunterMokog:

My Latest Video: DeckTech: Elemental Storms!
    @ YouTube @ Facebook @ Twitter @ Twitch.tv

Learn from Failure. Be Humble in Success.

I too am looking forward to meeting more characters to hunt down and destroy.
    Future books have tons of potential, and I am excited for them. I had fun with this one untill I put it down and had time to think about it.
    I would love to see an underworld book that shows humans to be the dirty vile scumbags that they are.
    But that's probably for a different thread.

Master Theorycrafter
    I just finished the book, and enjoyed it. I am not a particularly picky reader. I did enjoy getting a bit of lore and personality added to characters that previously were just simply "cards/champions". (Gabriel, Victoria, Gozzog, Kranok, ETC)

I'm at 60% just after the gladiatorial fight. What bothers me the most is the lack of urgency. From the moment they find will, it's like we have to hurry, because the fate of the world is on the balance, yet, let's just go to meet the king first, and sleep on it, and after that let's just go at a leisurely pace and not tire the horses out too much. In just about any war situation, lives are expendable. You ride that horse to the death, and then take another horse, and then another horse, not the horse seems tired, rowan understands, she is being tortured and killed, but she is proud that I'm delaying the rescue because the horse seems tired. Back in the old days a lad (Pheidippides) ran 42 kilometers without stopping to deliver a message and died after he delivered it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon). Now that's what urgent means.

also: hey, let's meet the king, let's meet the coyotle elders, and take part in their most holy ritual, hey, a primal wants to meet you, hey the orc high clerics demand to meet you. wtf! this is just stupid.
    Last edited by benczi; 12-19-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benczi View Post
    I'm at 60% just after the gladiatorial fight. What bothers me the most is the lack of urgency. From the moment they find will, it's like we have to hurry, because the fate of the world is on the balance, yet, let's just go to meet the king first, and sleep on it, and after that let's just go at a leisurely pace and not tire the horses out too much. In just about any war situation, lives are expendable. You ride that horse to the death, and then take another horse, and then another horse, not the horse seems tired, rowan understands, she is being tortured and killed, but she is proud that I'm delaying the rescue because the horse seems tired. Back in the old days a lad (Pheidippides) ran 42 kilometers without stopping to deliver a message and died after he delivered it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon). Now that's what urgent means.

also: hey, let's meet the king, let's meet the coyotle elders, and take part in their most holy ritual, hey, a primal wants to meet you, hey the orc high clerics demand to meet you. wtf! this is just stupid.
    This!
    That general lack of brutality that we saw painted the world of Entrath with saturday morning cartoon vibes, and thats not what I was expecting. I wanted something closer to the gritty world depicted in Glen Cooks "The Black Company" series.

Gigantisaur
    I kind of agree, and I'll add that there was a bit too much oil on the lens, in a few places where it didn't need to be.