Thread: Tunnelling helps with shard screw

Tunnelling helps with shard screw

From what we've learned from tunnelling, no matter what the cost of the troop is, you can tunnel it for 2 resources. Sure it isn't in play until it surfaces, but it allows you to get high cost troops out quicker. Plus there's some wicked effects from creatures being underground and surfacing, so I'm sure a lot of decks will be made around this mechanic come next week.

Just something to keep in mind. Changes to how the deck is shuffled and mulligans aren't the only way to mitigate shard screw.

Just need the threshold requirement (i think in all cases) so there probably wont be too many tri color shards using the mechanic. However, I can see the mechanic being very strong. I really like the legendary bunny, agent of mole also makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    Just need the threshold requirement (i think in all cases) so there probably wont be too many tri color shards using the mechanic. However, I can see the mechanic being very strong. I really like the legendary bunny, agent of mole also makes me smile.
    The threshold requirement (for tunneling) is always a single threshold of the same color as the card, and 2 resources. So yes, if you're missing your second threshold or getting shard screwed, tunneling will let you get the troops into play (in a few turns) anyway... better than twiddling your thumbs and waiting patiently to die, certainly.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    The threshold requirement (for tunneling) is always a single threshold of the same color as the card, and 2 resources. So yes, if you're missing your second threshold or getting shard screwed, tunneling will let you get the troops into play (in a few turns) anyway... better than twiddling your thumbs and waiting patiently to die, certainly.
    Well people do complain about having hands full of 3-5 cost troops and stuck at 2 resources. If they're all tunnel troops, you can keep on playing them and let them resurface in 2-4 turns.

I doubt it will help a lot you still have nothing on the board and will get mopped till they resurface but better then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditsch View Post
    I doubt it will help a lot you still have nothing on the board and will get mopped till they resurface but better then nothing.
    Well the problem with being stuck is often not that you get killed immediately but rather that you can't keep up with your opponent playing another troop every turn. So while you will get some early pounding you'll probably be able to stabilize the board with your surfacing troops.
    Actually I think a ~14-15 shard deck with cheap removal and tons of tunneling troops might be a viable option in Limited.

High Tomb Lord
    I like tunneling I hope to get a bunch of cards in this set and I really want that Necrophage and that zombie shin'hare.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png