Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benjoewoo View Post
    Assume you're playing Black Adam and, on a previous turn, you've played firestorm matrix and destroyed it to have the ongoing effect of a card costing 5 or less.

On the current turn, you resolve the ongoing effect. Is that the first card you've played for purposes of Black Adam? If yes, then does destroying the ongoing effect mean losing it for the next turn?

Similar question for locations--does resolving their effect first in your turn count as playing a card fir black adam?
    Firestorm Matrix actually plays the card in question, so that can be destroyed by Black Adam for effect. You then lose the Ongoing nature of the card. You can choose when to play the card during your turn.

Resolving a Location is not playing a card.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I've got a question in regards to that, if I played Firestorm Matrix as my first card and it plays a Kick, could I use Black Adam to destroy the Kick, then Firestorm Matrix to return the Kick as an Ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    I've got a question in regards to that, if I played Firestorm Matrix as my first card and it plays a Kick, could I use Black Adam to destroy the Kick, then Firestorm Matrix to return the Kick as an Ongoing?
    First up, you must fully resolve FM before you can utilize Black Adam. You can't do something else in between playing the top card of your deck and deciding whether or not to make it Ongoing.
    Even if you could do it in the order you suggest, it still would not come back in to play. Having/gaining Ongoing doesn't fish it out of the destroyed pile.

You could destroy the Kick, but it won't come back.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Do I have to choose whether or not to use Bane's ability when I play my first card... OR can I play 3 cards, then decide to still go back and destroy my first card played for the extra +2 Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Do0shebag55 View Post
    Do I have to choose whether or not to use Bane's ability when I play my first card... OR can I play 3 cards, then decide to still go back and destroy my first card played for the extra +2 Power?
    You must decide immediately.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Searched for this one and haven't found anything.

If I am playing the oversized swamp thing from Crysis and I buy Killer Frost (from Crysis, +1 power Attack: each foe puts a location he or she controls into their discard pile, if none do draw a card)and later play her, do I automatically get to draw a card? Because, swamp thing's text says that I control all locations in play during my turn, so that my foes technically don't briefly during my turn. (Turning killer frost into +1 power, draw a card for swamp thing).

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbur View Post
    Searched for this one and haven't found anything.

If I am playing the oversized swamp thing from Crysis and I buy Killer Frost (from Crysis, +1 power Attack: each foe puts a location he or she controls into their discard pile, if none do draw a card)and later play her, do I automatically get to draw a card? Because, swamp thing's text says that I control all locations in play during my turn, so that my foes technically don't briefly during my turn. (Turning killer frost into +1 power, draw a card for swamp thing).
    They still control them. You aren't stealing them for a turn. You just get to utilize their text.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

In a recent game where my mother-in-law was Green Arrow, she discarded a Punch on a turn where she then played Cheetah. I told her she could use Cheetah to gain a Villain up to cost 6, because it's actual cost was reduced by 2 for her.

Was that correct? Does Green Arrow's effect reduce the actual cost even for purposes of Cheetah and Captain Atom? I would think it should.

Similarly, what if you're playing with Super Hidden Super Villains/Heroes, and there's a Super in the Line-Up? Let's say you played enough Word of Power/Green Arrow's Bow cards to reduce the cost of it to just 4. Could you grab that with Captain Atom or Cheetah, for example?

Word of Power/Green Arrow/Green Arrow's Bow reduces the amount you have to spend to defeat a (Super-)Villain, not it's actual cost.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

For bizarro if you destroy multiple cards at the same time do you gain one weakness or a weakness for each card destroyed?

For defenses does the person who defends have to completely defend and fulfill the defense effect before the next clockwise player decides if they will defense?