Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheGreat View Post
    For bizarro if you destroy multiple cards at the same time do you gain one weakness or a weakness for each card destroyed?

For defenses does the person who defends have to completely defend and fulfill the defense effect before the next clockwise player decides if they will defense?
    Bizarro: One Weakness for each card destroyed.

Defense: Yes
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Last night, I used Constantine the super hero card to look at the top three cards of of my deck. I drew Superman, left Martian Manhunter on top, and destroyed the weakness. Constantine says to gain VPs equal to the VP value of the destroyed card. Now I didn't have any VPs, so it didn't matter then, but if I did, would I have really lost one, because a Weakness's VP value is -1?

Also, my wife defended against a superhero first appearance attack using Man-Bat, and we agreed that it probably shouldn't award her 1 VP from the coin pile, but we figured "house rules, go ahead" and gave her 1 VP, reasoning that she was stealing from the player who attacked her, even if it wasn't really a player. Were we correct that we shouldn't have done that, or were we correct in doing it anyway? Either way we'll keep doing that if the opportunity arises in the future because it improves the Man-Bat card. I'm just wondering if it was intended.

Edit: 2 more.

You can Broadsword yourself, right? My wife's parents and sister were visiting and her her mother wanted to Broadsword the Emperor Penguin in her own discard pile. I said that was fine to attack herself. Was it?

It doesn't specify that it stays in your hand like Blue Beetle does, but Power Armor also doesn't say to discard it. So it does stay in hand and render you immune to attacks for that turn like Blue Beetle, right?
    Last edited by SushiSquid; 12-14-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Constantine: Minimum 0

Man-Bat: Gains you no VPs when used against a First Appearance Attack. Fine for a house rule, tho.

Broadsword: No, it says "Choose a foe."

Power Armor: It stays in your hand. You are basically immune to attacks while it's in your hand.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 12-15-2014 at 02:27 AM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I don't know if this has already been asked or not but I couldn't find anything.
    So my friends and I were playing Heroes Unite and once we started adding up the VP at the end we came to a bit of a problem.
    Saint Walker gives 1 VP for each different hero in your deck and Sciencell gives +1 VP for each different villain in your deck.
    Now my friends believe that it means for each hero/villain with different names while I had said if it was going to specify for each different named hero/villain then it would say so as so many other cards say.
    So which is it?

What else do you think "different" would mean if it didn't mean different by title? (I want to know where you're coming from) If "different" was left off the effect, then it would work as you suggest.

If you think "different" means different from Saint Walker or Sciencell, then Sciencell doesn't need "different" in it's effect because it's not a Villain anyway.

Either way, it means different by title because there is nothing else to really consider as being "different" if you just counted all the Villains or Superheroes.

Yeah, just like in the base set, Superman's game ability is +1 power for each DIFFERENT super power... playing 2 kicks would only get 1 power.

This isn't a card thing, but figured it should be in a sticky. What happens if you run out of VP chits in Forever Evil and someone gains one? Came very close to that happening in a game tonight, with both Sinestro and Black Adam being played.

Quote Originally Posted by TPlush View Post
    This isn't a card thing, but figured it should be in a sticky. What happens if you run out of VP chits in Forever Evil and someone gains one? Came very close to that happening in a game tonight, with both Sinestro and Black Adam being played.
    Grab a quarter or a piece of paper. There is no running out.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Forgive me - I don't remember the name of the card, but a question was raised regarding Forever Evil when this card indicates a player gains victory points equal to that of a card they destroy (I think). The question is, how does this resolve if that card were the Phantom Stranger or another card that has victory points contingent on end of game counts?

I would think if you used Constantine to destroy Deathstorm or Phantom Stranger, you'd get the full 10 VPs.

Cards with an asterisk VP value I have no idea.