Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, part II

Post all of your questions on Cryptozoic Deck-building Games (Cerberus, etc) here!

For the older thread, go here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21376
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

1) If I destroy a Venom Injector when it's not my turn (for example, if I defend with Bulletproof and destroy it from my discard pile), what happens to the 2 Power earned?

I'd say you can just spend it when your turn does come up, but would you just say it's lost?

2) It's a bit more obvious with Steve Trevor and Emperor Penguin, who should get their full effects, but what about Word of Power too? Would you pay 4 less cost to beat Super Heroes when your turn does come?

3) On that note, does Word of Power work on Super Villains and does Green Arrow's Bow work on Super Heroes? I would think they would for game mechanics reasons.

4) I wouldn't think oversized Green Arrow's power would work on Super Heroes, but I guess weigh in on that too, if you'd like.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SushiSquid; 12-09-2014 at 06:16 PM.

#1: It is lost and does nothing for you.
    #2: It is lost and does nothing for you. Steve Trevor and Emperor Penguin pay off.
    #3: Yes
    #4: People get possessed, mind controlled, blackmailed, etc. Super Heroes and Super-Villains on the stack are mechanically the same.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So the Green Arrow character card that refers to Super-Villains, counts for Super-Heroes as well when playing Forever Evil?

Quote Originally Posted by MStreva89 View Post
    So the Green Arrow character card that refers to Super-Villains, counts for Super-Heroes as well when playing Forever Evil?
    Correct.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So Wonder Woman and Lex Luther only work on purchases of villains/super villains and heroes/super heroes respectively, correct? What you're saying is that things that specifically mention "super" will work on both though.

Quote Originally Posted by SushiSquid View Post
    So Wonder Woman and Lex Luther only work on purchases of villains/super villains and heroes/super heroes respectively, correct? What you're saying is that things that specifically mention "super" will work on both though.
    They do not work when facing off against stack bosses of their same card type.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 02-18-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If the Black Adam player gets the Superman card and plays the superpowers from the destroyed pile, and it is the first one they have played that turn can they activate Black Adam's ability on the first superpower played?

Quote Originally Posted by TPlush View Post
    If the Black Adam player gets the Superman card and plays the superpowers from the destroyed pile, and it is the first one they have played that turn can they activate Black Adam's ability on the first superpower played?
    [Edit] NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 02-18-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: I was clearly answering without the cards in front of me and forgot the part about the SPs on the bottom of the deck.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Assume you're playing Black Adam and, on a previous turn, you've played firestorm matrix and destroyed it to have the ongoing effect of a card costing 5 or less.

On the current turn, you resolve the ongoing effect. Is that the first card you've played for purposes of Black Adam? If yes, then does destroying the ongoing effect mean losing it for the next turn?

Similar question for locations--does resolving their effect first in your turn count as playing a card fir black adam?