Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex Rock League: Season 3

Hex Rock League: Season 3

Official website http://www.hexrockleague.com/

When? Starts Monday 2nd February- 0.01AM GMT (Runs 4 weeks)
    Sign ups until? Sign up stays open, even when the league has already started. The more, the merrier.
    Who? Everyone is allowed to enter.
    Entrance fee? Free

What is that ‘Rock format’ you're talking about?
    Rock is a constructed format that follows normal construction rules (60 card deck, a maximum 4 of each card, etc.) but also restricts players by only allowing common cards and a maximum of 4 uncommon cards. (So no rare or legendary cards.) Please note that there is a separate banlist for this format (see below)

Note that if you play with reserves you, the number of uncommons allowed across your maindeck and reserves is till 4.

The term ‘Rock’ was chosen because they're basically worthless compared to gems/shards.

How does the League work?
    Every week you're allowed to play a maximum of 3 league matches for points. You may challenge anyone as long as they are signed up for the league. You can only play the same person once every two weeks. Matches are best of 3. A win will earn you 3 points, a loss will earn you 1 point. At the end of the season (4 weeks) the people with most points will be awarded some prizes (see below).

Playing more than the maximum allowed matches (3), you will earn tiebreaker points. Each win after the first 3 games will award you 1 tiebreaker point.

Again, you are free to play with anyone you want. Contact people on this list through the forum or just ask around in the chat if someone wants to play you for league points. If they have not signed up yet, have them post in this topic before you start the game. Afterwards you both have to post the result here.

Deck choice
    You are free to change your decks in between matches (not in between games!). It would be nice if you let us know which deck you played when you post your result, but that is not required. This way we can see what the meta is like.

Banlist
    For the third season there will be no bans! Note that this time Set 2 will be legal! Happy brewing!

Prizes
    1st place 5 Set 1 boosters + 1 Set 2 booster + 1 Set 1 Primal Pack
    2nd place 5 Set 1 boosters + 2 Set 2 boosters
    3rd-4th place 4 Set 1 booster + 1 Set 2 booster
    5th-8th place 3 Set 1 booster + 1 Set 2 booster
    9th-16th place 3 Set 1 booster
    17th-32rd place 2 Set 1 booster

The Grinder Challenge
    Just like last time we have the Grinder Challenge. The prize for this will be announced soon. To be eligible for the Grinder Challenge you have to play the maximum allowed games for points each week (That means you have to play at least 3 matches each week to be able to win this prize).

Prize:
    1x Angel of Dawn
    1x 1000p package

The Diversity Challenge
    We also have the Diversity Challenge again with a slight change. Only games that count for points will count for the diversity challenge this time around. To be eligible for this prize you have to play with at least 4 different champions in your games for points. Please make sure to report the champion you played with when reporting your score.

1x Angel of Dawn
    1x 1000p package
    1x 4-of Windbourne Acolyte AA

Door prize
    1x Argus, Herald of Doom
    20 1x Set 1 booster
    5x 200p package

Donations
    If you want to donate to the prize pool, you’re very welcome to do so. You can either send them directly to our in-game account (RockLeague) or contact me directly on this forum with a PM. Donations will go only to the prize pool and I will try to give out as many prizes to as many people as possible. Note that your donation might go to another season than the current.

Rules (recap)
    - 60 cards, only commons and a maximum of 4 uncommons. (So no rare or legendary cards)
    - You can only play the same person once every two weeks.
    - No reserves in Proving Grounds
    - Both winner and loser need to report the result of a game in this thread.
    - The first 3 games each week earn you points
    - You are allowed to play more games than the allowed maximum. Playing more than 3 games will award tiebreaker points.
    - Coin flip decides who starts each game in Proving Grounds.
    - Please refrain from trying to play against certain decks or trying to avoid to play against certain decks. Deck and Champion choice should stay secret until the first game starts.

Ok. Sweet. How do I signup?
    Please respond to this topic with your in-game name. Thank you!
    Please note: If you played during Season 1 or Season 2, you do not have to sign up again!

Signed up
    http://hexrockleague.azurewebsites.net/Players

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by Kroan; 02-09-2015 at 05:49 AM.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Again; Set 2 is legal now. Happy brewing.

As another note; You are allowed to play through the 2-man queue if so inclined. Note that the game is not stable sometimes and if a bug happens you have to replay this. If you play through the 2-man queue reserves are allowed and encouraged (same restriction apply; only 4 uncommons in the deck. that includes reserves!)

Oh. Another note. Exploiting bugs that are currently in the game is obviously against the rules! I'm looking at you Mr. Giles & Robots :P
    Last edited by Kroan; 01-19-2015 at 03:29 AM.

Rock League Champion
    nice had great games past season, cant wait to play more rock
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

Yay, Rock League is back. Definitely had a lot of fun last season. One thing is a bit concerning though. I think it should probably be automatic that you play your matches in the sparring grounds, to make sure people have access to reserves. Something like Robots is a lot more powerful when there are no reserves allowed, meaning we could easily split the player pool into 2 groups: one group who exclusively wants to use proving grounds, and another that wants to be able to use reserves via the sparring grounds.
    IGN Bfox

Hey guys. I updated the post with the prizes. I think we have a pretty hefty prize pool again. Can't wait to give all this stuff out!

@Falaris: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind for the future, but first want to see how the Queue performs. Personally experience is that it often still bugs out and restarting a queue game is much harder then restarting a game in PG. The client unfortunately is not as stable as before Set 2. If we get major fixes during the league I'll strongly consider changing it up. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Absolutely stoked for this.

ign: Gekkostate
    Member of The Unnamed Council: A Relaxed, Yet Organized PvE Guild - apply here!

Count me in for the sausage factory!

IGN:Bacon

Would like to try this, thanks for organizing.

ign: Turboflex