Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New expansions?

New expansions?

Hey Matt,
    I really enjoy all DC deck games you guys put out. It is my favorite game and amazing work from you guys. I also like the new rivals game. Is there anyway there will be a new rivals deck building game, but it could be with Superman and Lex Luthor? I would like to see more Superman or Flash themed cards/expansions. Just wondering since we have had a lot of batman and green lantern cards/expansions. I would definitely buy any of those games, but either way I buy all Cryptozoic's DC deck products haha.

Clearly Supes vs Lex is on our radar. Can't promise a timeline, though. Still tracking how the Batman vs Joker is being received.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Clearly Supes vs Lex is on our radar. Can't promise a timeline, though. Still tracking how the Batman vs Joker is being received.
    Personally, I want to say that I LOVE the rivals!! Its fun and satisfying. One suggestion I might add is a bit of balancing for future editions, Joker seems to have a bit of an advantage with Villains and Superpowers being his bread and butter. Only the 1st Joker phase excludes the Superpower Kick card. The last 2 include them, meaning Joker kind of has the upper hand later in the game with the last 2 phases just by buying Kicks early in the game.

My only concern is why the mechanic to attack your opponents outright wasn't included in the regular sets. In my opinion, it's the only thing that would make the other DC games MORE fun than they already are!

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    My only concern is why the mechanic to attack your opponents outright wasn't included in the regular sets. In my opinion, it's the only thing that would make the other DC games MORE fun than they already are!
    But now you can. Just make house rules.

btw Rivals is my favorite "version" of play

But you can...does your set not have cards that read "Attack" on them? In the set I have, Heroes United, it has cards like Black Lantern Corps that read "Attack: Each foe (meaning the other players) gains a Weakness. If one or more foes does not gain a Weakness, draw a card.. Cards that have Attack on them affect other players.

What I mean, is to attack the player out right in an attempt to knock them out of the game entirely.

What I mean, is to attack the player out right in an attempt to knock them out of the game entirely.
    Oooh, gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Please make a Superman vs. Lex Luthor! That would make me ever so grateful!

This coming from Lex Luthor Jr lol