Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server Latency Issues

Hi HEXers!

We are aware of the server latency issues and our engineers are working on adding more hardware and updating the game. Hopefully we will have a patch to the test server in the near future. Until then, apologies for the latency issues you are experiencing on test. We're glad that everyone is excited and we had a large rush into the test server. Even though it may be slow, this is still providing a lot of valuable data for us!

Please remember this is for you to test, not necessarily play and enjoy as if it was the live server. Things are going to be a little slower as we collect the data.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

High Tomb Lord
    that will mean, the saturday tourney is under some pressure as well, right?

please make it happen!
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

even with the latency issues, the test server was still playable for me and behaved much better then expected.
    Keep up the good work

High Tomb Lord
    I had a ton of issues but managed to get to my third fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

I only had 45 minutes to test it so i was not able to finish first game because of lag.
    So was the amount of people joing was what Hex was expecting, or we are way more then they tought?

My Frost Arena opponents need 3-10 minutes for a turn, and everything is too laggy. Sometimes I have an error, which stops the game, and the only thing I can do is to quit Hex. I understand it's a test server, just some info here.
    Last edited by Deathlock; 02-05-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: one issue solved
    IGN: DeathRealm
    Time zone: GMT+2
    4th Rock L(s2), 2nd Budget C(s1), 2nd Rainbow T(s1), 11th Sapphire C(s1)

It seems the lag issue is because the AI has yet to be updated. In the meantime Chris Woods is sitting in the middle of a giant sphere of monitors trying to manually pass all priorities and make all plays. This explains why one minute there is a genius combat trick followed by a later rage fire your own troop blunder...
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    - Dinner & Drafts

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHoss View Post
    It seems the lag issue is because the AI has yet to be updated. In the meantime Chris Woods is sitting in the middle of a giant sphere of monitors trying to manually pass all priorities and make all plays. This explains why one minute there is a genius combat trick followed by a later rage fire your own troop blunder...
    rofl! that is the solution here ^^
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

when reporting on latency issues, is there like a format we should follow?
    it may help the engineers a lot if we can add info like, say, location maybe or hardware...

If this is a test server that is to test the server and not for us to play and enjoy, then what is in it for us? The latency is more frustrating than getting shard screwed...