Thread: how to block?

Hybrid View

how to block?

i am not an experienced player. So i am not sure what the right way to block is in all cases, but to me this looks like a misplay from the AI;
    They sacrifice all their units to stop the unit with 4 attack and 2 crush, but let the honey cap without crush damage their champion for 10.
    Wouldnt it be smarter if at least 1 of their 3 units blocked the honeycap?
    (honeycap has +3/+3 from wild growth and +2/+2 from hero ability, his base stat is 5/5, so next turn he is much weaker)

Ai is not final and does dumb things post in the AI missplay thread instead.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Devoted Emissary
    I wouldn't necessarily say this is a misplay, it favours actually killing something, and killing the thing that will grow (and has crush) rather than the thing that will get weaker (and doesn't have crush), also they don't lose all their troops, only 2/3 will die, so they do have a blocker for the honeycap next turn.
    IGN: Jensling
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/jensling

indeed now they take 10, then 0, 5, 5, etc
    if they block honeycap with 1 unit they get 4, then 6, 8, 15, 17 etc
    so in 1 turn they took more damage, in 2 turns damage will be equal
    and if you look over the next 3 turns (not taking into account new troops that are played) he gets less damage then blocking the honeycap.

but he only has 15 hp so no matter the choice. without extra troops he dies in 3 turns
    that's why I posted here and not in AI misplays and put a questionmark in the title. I'm a noob and not sure what the best way is.