Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AH needs some improvemnts

AH needs some improvemnts

Currently you can list something for 48 hours at a 5% loss... this kind of seems awful....

If I am selling something that is expensive, would you rather i sit all night in your trade chat room spamming my sale message? or spend the evening playing the game/tournaments? This is an issue for items as they get more expensive, taking 5% is a big deal on big ticket items... don't make us choose between playing and chat spamming.

If a person were to sit down to the task of listing every card/equipment that they have more than a playset of on the AH.... their first auction would expire long before they were able to complete the task... 48 hours is not enough. We need an unlimited time auction with no starting cost and only a buyout cost, or at least a way to refresh(the start times) all of our auctions at once. I personally only post about 20-30 cards a week and it takes a considerable amount of time to look up the prices and then post them, and the auctions come down long before I am able to repost.

That's a choice you make. I'd never sell a big ticket item by spamming trade chat. It's just not worth it. The 5% is a convenience fee, and I think, you'd more likely see a decrease in the price in trade so you don't actually make any more money. You'll not be able to sell for the same price as the highest price on the AH, because to a buyer it's the same amount of money, and way less convenient.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I was hoping that this would be a thread about the AH interface and not the fee.

The interface really needs to be improved by the time PvE is released live.

I am hoping that it will be easier to list all my extra stuff so I can get gold from the f2p'ers so I will be able to spin my chests.

The thought of listing all my extra stuff just to get the gold I need with the current interface makes me groan at the impending tedium of it all.

Since when is there a starting cost? Pretty sure there no cost attached to listing something, they only take 5% if its actually sold.

High Tomb Lord
    I thought this was going to be about useful improvements, such as the ability to search your own listings. And maybe something to notify you that you are the current high bidder on an item while surfing the AH. (yes I have outbid myself before). These are kind of big things for high volume market traders.

It would be really, really, really nice to have some more tool tip options available. When listing auctions, it's such a pain to have to look up every card before selling. I'd love to have a tool tip pop up with current min bid and min buyout of other live auctions.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassine View Post
    Since when is there a starting cost? Pretty sure there no cost attached to listing something, they only take 5% if its actually sold.
    Correct... there's no starting cost. You're not losing money every time something doesn't sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ju66ernaut View Post
    It would be really, really, really nice to have some more tool tip options available. When listing auctions, it's such a pain to have to look up every card before selling. I'd love to have a tool tip pop up with current min bid and min buyout of other live auctions.
    this is what we really need.

also I would suport a max fee (something like $1 max). becouse the way it is now it is too easy to get undercut on big ticket things on people spaming trade. A $50 item has a $2.50 fee that is a large amount of room for undercutting

I am fine with 5%. CZE needs to make money due to the development of the AH and for future development costs. I have sold things for 5000 and have had no problem paying 250 to CZE, I do not understand the big deal about 5%.

On the other hand I would love to be able to list the same item multiple times with one listing vs each one individually. That would be my advice for biggest improvement I would like to see on the AH, but the 5% rounding down (in players favor) is not a problem for me.

The AH does need some upgrades. However, removing the modest 5% fee is definitely not one of them.