Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex api

This is great. I'm sure someone will do great things with the API.

Awesome thing! Thank you for doing this!

Here are some things I'd like to be implemented:
    Generic stuff: Differentiate between normal cards, AA and mercs (add a suffix or put them in different arrays)

Collection: Include equipment and mercenaries.
    SaveDeck: Add equipment and gems to the data sent.

AddItemToCollection: Triggers any time an item enters your collection (open packs, chests, rewards, mails, ah, crafting, etc). Data should say what kind of item it is: cards, equip, mercenary
    RemoveItemFromCollection: Triggers when an item leaves your collection (AH sold, trade, mail, disenchant, etc).

I'll try to work something so we can have the tcgbrowser db synced with the game.

Hero of Adamanth
    really nice

Some additional Events would be nice:

OnDraftCardPicked would be nice - would allow to "record" a Draft in combination with DraftPack -

OnTourneyStatusChange (Tourney = {"Name, ID"}, Phase = {"Queue", "Start", "Drafting", "Deck Building", "Reserves", "Playing"}, Details = {"Pack x, Set 1", "Round x"}, etc...)

I would like a way to start the client in a non-UI mode in order to be able to make a light-weight bot. In a non-UI mode it would of course be good to have a way to issue commands and just not be a passive listener. So with this, there really is no need to have the abstraction between the current client-server API and the one which is currently exposed to us. What we end up with (in addition to the events exposed through the current API) is an open cilent-server API which we can use to write our own clients, so that is my request I guess
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC

The collection string seems like it could be pretty enormous. Is there a practical limit to what it could handle?

I think I'll have to update my coding skills to see what I can do with this. I assume that if you point it to a text file that it locks the file so that you can't delete lines as you read them and use the file as a queue? I don't have a lot of experience with real-time data streams.

I'd like to see some options added that would allow a "verbose" game log to be kept. Examples;

AddedToChain
    Occurs when a troop or action is added to the chain.
    Additional data contains:
    - Name of action or troop
    - Type of action
    - Source of action
    - Target if applicable
    Example: ["AddedToChain","Burn","Risterral","PlayerName2 "]

Resolved
    Occurs when a troop or action is removed the chain.
    - Name of action or troop
    - Type of action
    - Source of action
    - Target if applicable
    Example: ["Resolved","Burn","Risterral","PlayerName2"]

NonchainEffect
    Occurs when an effect happens that does not use the chain
    - Type of effect
    - Source of effect
    - Target if applicable
    Example: ["NonchainEffect","Inspire","Cerulean Mirror Knight","Buccaneer"]

ZoneChange
    - Name of Card (if known)
    - Source of effect
    - Old zone, new zone
    Example: ["ZoneChange","Unknown","Player2",["Hand","Tunneled"]]

With the existing functionality, the first idea I have is to tell you how many of each card in a draft pack are in your collection so that I might take that uncommon I need over that marginal 22nd/23rd card in a draft pack.

I've always wanted to see what I could do with realtime computer analysis of draft packs and whether they present a real advantage or not, so I'm looking forward to playing around with this. It has been a long time since I had a "passion project" that involved writing code, so I'm a bit excited.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoglar View Post
    I would like a way to start the client in a non-UI mode in order to be able to make a light-weight bot. In a non-UI mode it would of course be good to have a way to issue commands and just not be a passive listener. So with this, there really is no need to have the abstraction between the current client-server API and the one which is currently exposed to us. What we end up with (in addition to the events exposed through the current API) is an open cilent-server API which we can use to write our own clients, so that is my request I guess
    Hex is 100% against bots and I hope they never change their minds on that. (Informational tools are not the same as bots, at least to me.)
    Last edited by Yoss; 02-11-2015 at 10:13 AM.

High Tomb Lord
    Omg, please do whatever it takes and withhold anything necessary to stop AH bots from ever being a thing.

High Tomb Lord
    They should hold back in general with interactions, that go into the system I think.

Getting information out is fine... but actions into the system can be troublesome... "Random Opponent"-FarmBots or stuff like that
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

The Transcended
    I do hope Hex eventually has something akin to a "map editor" like in Starcraft/Warcraft, where users can build custom games. I had been calling that a "Development API" in my features list, but now I'm thinking that API isn't really the right term. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the proper term would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I do hope Hex eventually has something akin to a "map editor" like in Starcraft/Warcraft, where users can build custom games. I had been calling that a "Development API" in my features list, but now I'm thinking that API isn't really the right term. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the proper term would be.
    Custom game mode? Sandbox mode? Game mode mod tools? Kitchen table mode?