Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex api

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I do hope Hex eventually has something akin to a "map editor" like in Starcraft/Warcraft, where users can build custom games. I had been calling that a "Development API" in my features list, but now I'm thinking that API isn't really the right term. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the proper term would be.
    Minigames editor

That would be great! But I hope it will be done by HexEnt itself, with maybe small rewards
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Hex is 100% against bots and I hope they never change their minds on that. (Informational tools are not the same as bots, at least to me.)
    A bot doesn't have to mean an automatic trader bot or similar, at least that is not what i meant. A bot could be an irc/twitch bot which you can use to issue commands (manually) instead of using the regular client. To check the lowest realtime buyout prices on AH and what not.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC

I'm very happy with just being able to export my collection, which will be available in the first version. That and the draft pack info will allow for a lot of very interesting tools.

For example a tool that tells you which cards you are missing from your collection that are available in the draft pack, and a tool that provides AH value for each card in the pack.

Also, just simply having an easy way to export my collection to http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/
    Last edited by LNQ; 02-12-2015 at 03:23 AM.

This looks absolutely amazing, and I'm blown away by how soon it was implemented. Thanks, Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheelon View Post
    OnDraftCardPicked would be nice - would allow to "record" a Draft in combination with DraftPack -

OnTourneyStatusChange (Tourney = {"Name, ID"}, Phase = {"Queue", "Start", "Drafting", "Deck Building", "Reserves", "Playing"}, Details = {"Pack x, Set 1", "Round x"}, etc...)
    Just wanted to second both of these.

Gigantisaur
    Request: Can we have an option to append to the file (for file output) instead of blowing away its contents every time?

-----

Arena Test Server 2 Bug Reports (putting here because... well, this is kinda aside to putting in the bug report forum, and is based off Risterral's posting of the API events available):

The Login event is returning a blank string as parameter 2 (login name)
    ["Login","",[]]

The GameStarted event is not returning player data
    ["GameStarted","Hacky",[]]

-----

Amusing: AA versions of cards are not differentiated in the DeckSaved event. Every non-shard card in the following deck save output is an AA.
    ["SaveDeck","Hacky",["This Deck Is Bad","Polonius",["Sapphire Shard","Sapphire Shard","Sapphire Shard","Ruby Shard","Ruby Shard","Diamond Shard","Diamond Shard","Blood Shard","Blood Shard","Wild Shard","Wild Shard","Extinction","Extinction","Extinction","Pac k Raptor","Pack Raptor","Pack Raptor","Princess Victoria","Princess Victoria","Ragefire","Ragefire","Ragefire","Replic ator's Gambit","Replicator's Gambit","Replicator's Gambit","Princess Victoria","Ozawa, Cosmic Elder","Ozawa, Cosmic Elder","Ozawa, Cosmic Elder","Ozawa, Cosmic Elder","Jovial Pippit","Jovial Pippit","Jovial Pippit","Jovial Pippit","Menacing Gralk","Xentoth's Inquisitor","Master Theorycrafter","Master Theorycrafter","Master Theorycrafter","Master Theorycrafter","Living Totem","Living Totem","Living Totem","Living Totem","Menacing Gralk","Xentoth's Inquisitor","Menacing Gralk","Xentoth's Inquisitor","Genesis Pool Naiad","Genesis Pool Naiad","Genesis Pool Naiad","Genesis Pool Naiad","Guardian Angel","Guardian Angel","Guardian Angel","Guardian Angel","Filk Ape","Filk Ape","Filk Ape","Filk Ape"],[]]]

(each theorycrafter is also socketed with a different gem)

-----

Draft, aww yeah

["DraftPack","Hacky",["Blossoming Concubunny","Dementia Daisies","Ambling Bluff","Rotting Buffalo","Strength of the Redwood","Kraken Guard Seapriest","Feeding the Young Ones","Battle Hardened Pa","Crackling Wit","Arena Regular","Grave Nibbler","Keeper of the Wounded Petal","Spirit
    Hound","Sentinel of Nulzann","Agent of M.O.L.E."]]

-----

Bug Report: Occasionally, the DraftPack event does not save to file.

I'm outputting my API to file, and the following picks that I checked did not have any output:
    (pack 1 had some interesting timing bugs, did not get consistent checks done)
    Pack 2: Pick 1, 7, 10, 14
    Pack 3: Pick 1, 10, 13, 15

I would guess either something happened in trying to save to file, or something about the output caused the write to fail.

I'll try again capturing posting the output to a URL later in the test.

-----

Also of note, saving a draft deck does not trigger a DeckSaved event

-----

Winning a draft match because the opponent's AFK timer ran out does not trigger a GameEnded event.

Losing a draft match from conceding (via menu) does not trigger a GameEnded event.
    Last edited by hacky; 02-12-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    http://raptr.com/badge/8dcf0b428b1b1...2e135d/fss.png
    Cryptozoic Champion: CZE Volunteer #517 - South Bay Area, California
    I'm on Twitch! Follow me at twitch.tv/hackychannel
    HexTCG Grand King Team Illusive will definitely be playing Hex... as <Norvic Santos>?

Devoted Emissary
    The SaveDeck event seems to be missing sockets
    Grand King + King
    Dragonborn

Quote Originally Posted by hacky View Post
    Also of note, saving a draft deck does not trigger a DeckSaved event
    For me this event is working correctly right now (I'm using app as listener, not file).
    Right now it is only listing cards names, but I would not call this as a "bug", becuse it was coded to work like this But sure, it be nice improvement to add AAs, gems (and PvE stuff).

Btw. how did You manage to fire draft to test it?

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Risterral View Post
    Btw. how did You manage to fire draft to test it?
    Sat in general chat right when the test server login was fixed, going "LF7M draft". We got hit by lag and things by the time round 2 rolled around, but I got a lot of data before then, especially for DraftPack events.

Ideally I'd want a listener setup, but outputting to file is quicker, and was hoping it'd append to file so I could get a nice log of things.

Also, since you mentioned not getting a draft to fire, I did confirm SaveDeck working in the card manager, but I was referring to SaveDeck not working when you save a deck during a draft.
    http://raptr.com/badge/8dcf0b428b1b1...2e135d/fss.png
    Cryptozoic Champion: CZE Volunteer #517 - South Bay Area, California
    I'm on Twitch! Follow me at twitch.tv/hackychannel
    HexTCG Grand King Team Illusive will definitely be playing Hex... as <Norvic Santos>?

Hero of Adamanth
    will play around with this some more tomorrow - but looks to be a promising start so far

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoglar View Post
    A bot doesn't have to mean an automatic trader bot or similar, at least that is not what i meant. A bot could be an irc/twitch bot which you can use to issue commands (manually) instead of using the regular client. To check the lowest realtime buyout prices on AH and what not.
    That's exactly the sort of thing I'm saying is NOT allowed. The only entities interacting with the client UI should be players. Any "bots" that may exist must be 100% receive, 0% transmit. A bot should not be issuing any keystrokes or mouse clicks or anything that simulates those.

If you want to check prices, you have to go on and check them. You can have an Auction Buddy who is "taking notes" over your shoulder, but your buddy cannot actually do the searches or typing.