Thread: Possible bugs?

Possible bugs?

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but these go against what I feel is the correct behavior.

My opponent attacked with a troop and I blocked. My opponent played shatter shield on my troop, to which I responded by using Immortal Decree on the attacker, voiding it. I believed that by removing the attacker, my troop would no longer be blocking and thus be an invalid target for Shatter Shield. Similar to increasing the power of a troop targeted by meek, my troop shouldn't have died due to the shatter shield. Is this incorrect? I lost a draft due to this and wonder if I should submit for reimbursement.

Secondarily in the same draft, a Forgotten Monarch that was reduced in cost to two was not inspired by my Seapriest. I remember reading an article about Pterobots that said they should be full cost for effects like that and thought my Monarch would be inspired. Is that a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but these go against what I feel is the correct behavior.

My opponent attacked with a troop and I blocked. My opponent played shatter shield on my troop, to which I responded by using Immortal Decree on the attacker, voiding it. I believed that by removing the attacker, my troop would no longer be blocking and thus be an invalid target for Shatter Shield. Similar to increasing the power of a troop targeted by meek, my troop shouldn't have died due to the shatter shield. Is this incorrect? I lost a draft due to this and wonder if I should submit for reimbursement.

Secondarily in the same draft, a Forgotten Monarch that was reduced in cost to two was not inspired by my Seapriest. I remember reading an article about Pterobots that said they should be full cost for effects like that and thought my Monarch would be inspired. Is that a bug?
    The first issue is not a bug. Once declared as a blocker, that troop will remain a blocker for the remainder of the blocking phase, even if the blocked troop is removed from combat.

The second issue is a bug. Forgotten Monarch specifies, like Pterobot, that its cost is reduced "in all your zones" which does not include being in play (the play area is a shared zone). This bug has already been reported for Pterobot.
    Last edited by Scammanator; 02-22-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Correction to second issue
    IGN: Magic

Member of The Unnamed Council- the Hex TCG PvE Guild

FYI, the second issue is indeed a bug, but it is known for both of these troops. It's on the list to be fixed. You can tell that it's not working correctly because it continues to display the reduced cost even when it's in play - once it is working properly, it will show the reduced cost when you're holding it in your hand or looking at it in your graveyard, but once it is put into play it will display the normal cost.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the upcoming patch, though I can't say for sure at this point whether or not this particular bug is already fixed on the internal build.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I dug up the article. The article on templating improvements 100% agrees with us here as Pterobot has the same text. Forgotten Monarch states "This has cost -1 in all your zones for each..." and the article states that your zones are: your deck, your graveyard, your hand, and your underground, which means Pterobot will cost 7 while in play and on the chain" Reference: https://hextcg.com/templating-improvements/

So I sent in a ticket about the Forgotten Monarch issue, and support said that it's not a bug.

"When a card is reduced in cost, this will also effect it's entry into battle and will only receive inspire effects based on it's new value. If the value of the card is now lower than the inspire cost needed, it will not receive the inspire bonus. This also works in the other way, if a cost of an inspire card is increased, the inspire effect will only affect cards that cost the same, or higher, than the new value. "

I then pointed him to the article and explained that the chain and play aren't "my zone" and should have the cost restored to five.

"I can assure you in this situation that I have provided your card requests to the technical team about the Forgotten Monarch and Shield Shattered and these are the responses I received from our card development team.Forgotten Monarch gains a -1 in all zones for each different threshold you have. When it is entering play, it must enter your zone and after the this has been completed, inspire effects will then take place. If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again. "

This straight up contradicts the article. I know the article is old, but if this isn't how it's supposed to work anymore the article should be pulled or changed since it caused me to expect Monarch to work in that way and the text on Forgotten Monarch should say all zones not all your zones since that's super-confusing.

This straight up contradicts the article. I know the article is old, but if this isn't how it's supposed to work anymore the article should be pulled or changed since it caused me to expect Monarch to work in that way and the text on Forgotten Monarch should say all zones not all your zones since that's super-confusing.
    I'm pretty confident that you're right, BigAl. It's not supposed to have reduced cost on the chain or in play. I don't see how Inspire could possibly not apply. I'd recommend responding to the ticket again and asking for an appeal. Keep us up to date on any verdict. I'm curious.

I did request an appeal; the "I can assure you" text is from the appeal. Maybe a dev could chime in on this thread? It seems like this is very much a point of confusion.

I did request an appeal; the "I can assure you" text is from the appeal. Maybe a dev could chime in on this thread? It seems like this is very much a point of confusion.
    Unless the ticket was closed, you should be able to respond further. Mention that you went to the community forums and got confirmation from one of the Bug Wranglers (Ossuary) that it is a bug.

Oss isn't the final say on these matters, of course, but it should be enough to get support to give it another look, or at least get some specific messaging out if it isn't a bug.
    Last edited by Scammanator; 03-02-2015 at 11:14 AM.

I responded to ticket 14310316 again with a link to the thread and the fact a bug wrangler confirmed this is a bug. Support sent this response and marked the ticket as answered/closed. I guess someone's going to look at it.

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. I have provided this towards our team for further investigation and hopefully you can receive some further information into this. If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.