Thread: Launcher Bug

Launcher Bug

I have this problem where when I launch hex the launcher shows up as though everything is fine but none of the buttons work, including the button to launch the game. I've had this problem for a few months now, I've been in and out of hospital though so this may be a long resolved problem but I can't seem to figure it out and I didn't see it in the known issues thread.

Any help that anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

The Transcended
    You can make a shortcut directly to Hex.exe and bypass the patcher. That will work for any time where your patch is already up to date.

The best thing I can recommend to you would be to delete the entire Hex folder and redownload the program. If something with your client is so messed up that the patcher itself won't function, you need to start from scratch.

Also, if you've been in and out of hospital for awhile, you may not know that we actually got a new version of the client back in November or so, and we all had to download a new patcher to get it to work. If you're still using the old patcher, it will never work properly, so if you haven't done this yet, that's definitely your answer.

You can just go to hextcg.com and click on "Download Client" in the big banner at the top, that will get you the latest version of the patcher, which will then update your Hex client to the newest version as well. Be sure you've uninstalled the old client and deleted your Hex game folder before running the new patcher, though.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    You can make a shortcut directly to Hex.exe and bypass the patcher. That will work for any time where your patch is already up to date.
    Thanks for the suggestion but this didn't work, I'm guessing that's my main problem actually and the patcher was just a symptom. When I try to run hex.exe I get the following error:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.

I'm running 64bit windows but I didn't see anywhere to download a separate file based on 32 or 64 bit OS. I'm uncertain how to go about fixing this.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    The best thing I can recommend to you would be to delete the entire Hex folder and redownload the program. If something with your client is so messed up that the patcher itself won't function, you need to start from scratch.

Also, if you've been in and out of hospital for awhile, you may not know that we actually got a new version of the client back in November or so, and we all had to download a new patcher to get it to work. If you're still using the old patcher, it will never work properly, so if you haven't done this yet, that's definitely your answer.
    I have reinstalled the game twice now using this method and I have the new patcher because of it. Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't seem to solve my problem.

That is indeed strange. I was under the impression that the client works in both versions, because it's just an installer frontend (the "client" download on the website is only about 11 megs, the whole rest of the client is downloaded via the patcher after the "shell" of the client is installed).

I honestly don't know what to suggest here... I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows, one on my PC and one on my laptop, and they both installed the client no problem and with no special prompting. Do you by any chance have another computer you could try it on? If you can install it on another computer, you could try copying over the whole directory from that computer to a new location on your C drive of the computer that's having the problem, after the 2nd computer does a full patch. I've heard other people who were having problems solve it by copying the whole install from another computer into a new directory in this manner.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well