Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    An opponent can use a defense on the attack portion "Each foe discards all defense cards he has in hand and in play". The beginning text "+3 power and each foe discards a defense card" is not an attack so it cannot be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz1672002 View Post
    An opponent can use a defense on the attack portion "Each foe discards all defense cards he has in hand and in play". The beginning text "+3 power and each foe discards a defense card" is not an attack so it cannot be avoided.
    I understand this, but it just seems very corner case that you wouldn't use a defense in response to the attack portion...

No hes saying you can defend the attack part with a defense but not the first part with the +3 power. So youd have to have 2 defense cards in your hand pretty much.

I'm very confused by that wording (note: I don't have the cards yet) as well.... because an attack that makes people "discard all defense cards"... but they can just PLAY one of those defense cards to avoid it... so it seems like that attack doesn't really work...

No the first ability tells you to discard 1 defense card. The attack portion then tells you to dicard all defense cards.

I guess it just forces your opponent to use all of his defense cards.

I can think of a good example.

So say you had 2 defense cards in your hand and i play that black lantern blue beetle card. It forces you to discard 1 of your defenses and pretty much use your 2nd one of you want the bonus of that defense card instead of just having to discard it for nothing. So then if i have another attack in my hand you cant defend it unless you have a third defense. Better chances of getting those defense cards out of your opponents hands for when super villians come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughnilla619 View Post
    No hes saying you can defend the attack part with a defense but not the first part with the +3 power. So youd have to have 2 defense cards in your hand pretty much.
    I'm quite aware of the mechanics of the game. I'm just curious if I'm just reading it weird or is the attack just bad?

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    I'm very confused by that wording (note: I don't have the cards yet) as well.... because an attack that makes people "discard all defense cards"... but they can just PLAY one of those defense cards to avoid it... so it seems like that attack doesn't really work...
    Exactly my problem. Like if I have an attack I'll just use my defense to avoid discarding it.

It just pretty much garuntees that you make your opponent discard at least 1 defense without its benefit

It just eats up 2 defense cards... Simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughnilla619 View Post
    It just eats up 2 defense cards... Simple answer.
    Yes. It's only confusing if you over think it.

Just curious on the wording defense card "in play" , how can there be a foe with a def card in play when it is during your turn ?