Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by destroth View Post
    Just curious on the wording defense card "in play" , how can there be a foe with a def card in play when it is during your turn ?
    there's that forcefield card from, I think, Heroes United... you play it, it draws a card and then stays infront of you like a location that you can then discard to avoid attacks...

Just curious on the wording defense card "in play" , how can there be a foe with a def card in play when it is during your turn ?
    Force Field from Heroes Unite.

To clarify the card: If you have 1 Defense card, you will have to discard it before you can avoid the Attack. If you have 2+ Defenses, you discard 1, but can then avoid the Attack.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Just to clarify, you got this backwards. Indigo-1 draws off of Villains and gets +1 if she plays a Hero, not the other way around.
    Yeah, I derped there. But that's even better as Villains outnumber Heroes in most of the sets (again, aside from FE), plus the Super-Villains.

Force Field in Heroes Unite

Crisis 2 also introduces Mogo
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Thx guys for the clarification

Anyone else having a hard time locating this? All lgs around me cant seem to get it in

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    I'm very confused by that wording (note: I don't have the cards yet) as well.... because an attack that makes people "discard all defense cards"... but they can just PLAY one of those defense cards to avoid it... so it seems like that attack doesn't really work...
    It's only confusing because people aren't explaining this well.

When you play the card, it plays in order from top to bottom.

The cards is printed as follows:

+3 Power and each foe discards a Defense card.

Attack: Each Foe discards all Defense cards he has in hand and in play.

The first line happens first. +3 Power for you and then everyone else discards a defense card. This cannot be defended. You do not get the defense cards ability for discarding it. It's just lost from your hand.

THEN the card attacks. All remaining defense cards are discarded unless you can defend the attack. If you only had one defense card, it's already gone and the attack does nothing. If you DID have a second defense card, you are forced to play it to gain it's defense ability rather than lose it for nothing. If you happen to be lucky enough to have more than two defenses (including Force Field in play) then you are forced to play a second defense just to protect your third and further defense cards.

Should be simple to understand now.
    Last edited by DimeDrl; 03-01-2015 at 07:12 PM.

But why would anyone ever NOT defend against the attack portion of an attack card? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. Nobody would NOT defend, and therefore be forced to discard defense cards for the attack portion. Because if you have defense cards, an attack to discard them them seems like a useless attack to me.

They wouldn't. That's the whole point. The regular Blue Beetle cards is a perma-defense and the Black Lantern Blue Beetle is a guaranteed to succeed attack.

Thematically, think of each defense card as an energy shield. If you have two defense cards, BLBB totally obliterates the first one, then he crashes into the second one with force. You're choice is whether he shatters that one too or bounces off of it.

As for when you might not choose to defend, it might be strategy. Let's say I know the next card on my deck is a weakness. It was revealed somehow (like X-ray vision). I have that second defense, but I also have a card that let's me destroy the top card of my deck. The defense card forces a draw if I play it against BLBB's attack, and that weakness would go to my hand where I can't destroy it anymore. I would discard the defense rather than use it to keep that weakness where it is so I can destroy it as my first play on my next turn.

The first part of the effect is not the attack. That is why its devestating.