Xarlox in latest build (2/27/2015)... a little too much mill power?

Thist + Charge Power + Inquisition + Terrorantula eggs + Chronic Madness + Xarlox + Web of Death + Zared Venomscorn + Word of Xentoth ++? He 3-0'd me inside of 8 rounds. Anyone fought him successfully this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by silverlocke View Post
    Thist + Charge Power + Inquisition + Terrorantula eggs + Chronic Madness + Xarlox + Web of Death + Zared Venomscorn + Word of Xentoth ++? He 3-0'd me inside of 8 rounds. Anyone fought him successfully this weekend?
    Yeah, I beat him last night with an aggressive orc deck. Beat him down by turn 4. I think I had a free arena brawler to start from a prior challenge, so that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rycajo View Post
    Yeah, I beat him last night with an aggressive orc deck. Beat him down by turn 4. I think I had a free arena brawler to start from a prior challenge, so that helped.
    They patched today, which is why I stated 'today' and specified the build from around 11am this morning ; ) I beat him numerous times prior to today.

Remember guys, the Arena is NOT supposed to be a cakewalk. Many people could have unrealistic expectations of how the difficulty of this content would go because of some of the earlier AI behavior. The bosses in particular are meant to be HARD, unless you have an extremely well-tuned and focused deck. In some cases, some encounters may be nearly impossible (especially to beat multiples of them in one session) without some of the PVE cards to juice up your own deck.

Beating the whole thing is supposed to be a major accomplishment. Beating it 20-0 is supposed to be a near-Herculean task (which is why doing so will reward you with custom sleeves to show off your godliness). You shouldn't expect to come in with a tier 2 deck or even a tier 1 deck and wipe the floor with every single challenger... some of these encounters are going to require more specific planning and execution on your part to prevail.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Well, I get subbing in a Jank Deck vs Mill, and subbing in a nice artifact deck vs the Bot boss. Still~ He's pretty over the top right now.

I found that the difficulty of the opponents has gone up recently. Though at the moment it seems that is mainly due to some really good skills and combo's the AI has access to. Cannot wait until the AI has been upgraded to play good as well, that would make the Arena the challenge it should be.

I am having a hard time assessing the difficulty of any specific AI encounter due to the fact of my arena stats.

Ive run through the arena about 7 times now with 7 different decks and have never had more than 1 loss per run, and the losses have not even come to the same encounter once. Im sure once the AI improvements are fully made that will change but to say a particular encounter is too hard currently is false. Maybe a particular encounter is too hard for a specific deck style, but that cant be helped

Master Theorycrafter
    I was curious - I remember during the AMAA Cory did on the forums, he said there would be two difficulty levels. I wonder if this is still the plan?

I managed to beat Xarlox pretty easily with a mono-Blood deck. My tips? Focus on not letting him build up cards in his hand, and wearing him down with Flying creatures (which he doesn't have good defence against).