Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bots in the Auction House?

Bots in the Auction House?

I'm not looking to stir the pot, but something very strange has been happening recently. I notice if I put anything up in the Auction House and if it's slightly under priced it is purchased within 1 minute of me posting it. For example, I just put a veteran gladiator on the AH for a buyout of 11 plat and it was purchased almost immediately. I happen to go look and min buyout is at 15 plat.

This has been happening all the time lately. You can't tell me that someone happened to be sitting there looking for a veteran gladiator at some random 5pm on a Wednesday and happened to refresh just as I posted that item.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this strange behavior of having items (and we're not talking chase rares and legendaries), usually underpriced, consistently purchased within 30 seconds of posting them?
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzle View Post
    You can't tell me that someone happened to be sitting there looking for a veteran gladiator at some random 5pm on a Wednesday and happened to refresh just as I posted that item.
    That isn't too far-fetch. It is possible. Have you tried putting other cards at "underprice"? You mention in your first paragraph that this has been observed several times. Can you elaborate on those other cases?

I'll give it a shot when I get home.

I have listed lots and lots of cards for less than the lowest price on the AH and they do not always sell.

So probably not.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
    I have listed lots and lots of cards for less than the lowest price on the AH and they do not always sell.
    Same here.

Master of Gifs
    There are a lot of people who do actually sit there and buy stuff right away, especially if it's well under the average market value. I also don't think there are currently any good methods for botting the AH that even exist right now. Just be happy the market is active and your item sold quickly.

Yes, I've noticed this repeatedly.

kraken guard mariner
    war machinist
    righteous paladin
    burn to the ground

just to name what I can remember, every posting sold within 1 minute of me posting it. But for uncommons these are the more desirable ones I agree but these are the only ones I've noticed that go for higher than the uncommon min too.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.

Ive noticed no-buyout auctions that nobody has outbid me on for hours be bid on the very second they run out several times. I actually gave up bidding on things over this.

The market is a bit wonky anyway in my opinion. I might try to sell something for 60 plat for 48 hours with no luck. Then on the third day that same card is suddenly 175 plat minimum and sells immediately if I put it on sale for... let's say 140 plat. Some huge fluctuation going on. It's a wild west out there! Based on this I wouldn't be surprised with any kind of behavior in the AH at the moment. I'm still trying to figure it out.

I did some research into the users buying cards, and did not see any unusual activity.
    What I saw was all sorts of random users buying cards to fill decks, and not re-selling those cards.
    It may seem like cards are being bought too quickly, but realize that there are many other players in the game with you, and there are only so many cards out there to be buying in the first place.

TL;DR: Yes, I can tell you that there was someone looking for a veteran gladiator at some random 5pm on a Wednesday and happened to refresh just as you posted that item. :>

I do appreciate the diligence, and we have all sorts of reports watching for weird activities. Worry not.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/

The Transcended
    Due to things like the very short listing durations, the cumbersome seller interface, and lack of demand-based listings, the system currently runs on FARTS (forced artificial scarcity), which leads to stinky things like high volatility, low liquidity, and (on average) higher prices. Things are "working as intended" so far as I can tell.

(Note, I take no credit for inventing that acronym.)