Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Sleeving

Double Sleeving

I've noticed before that the tournament policy doc says cards may only be in one sleeve. I also know there are players in my area who like to use the peferct fit sleeves on their cards before putting them in deck prot sleeves. Yet, I don't see anything in the penalty guidelines that would call for this to be a warning or any other such violation.

How is/should this be handled?

This is a Tournament Error (TE1). The player has failed to follow Official Tournament Policy as the TP clearly states that "Each card may only be sleeved in one sleeve."

Quote Originally Posted by WoW TCG Penalty Guidelines
    In Normal Rules Level tournaments no penalty exists for this infraction so judges should not issue an official penalty; however, repeated infractions may be penalized at the Head Judge’s discretion.
    The penalty for Official Policy/Announcement Violation is a Warning for Competitive Rules Level.
    Now, if said double sleeving has lead to some sort of Marked Cards penalty, then that is what you would apply instead of the TE1.
    Simon Key (aka. Master Sniper Simon McKey)
    SI:7

Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV10

High Tomb Lord
    awww man and i jus bought some perfect fits lol
    is this always gonoig to be the case then for sleeves as i like my cards as protected as possible.

To my knowledge, this has been, and always will be, the case with regards to sleeves. Double sleeving allows for too many variants for cheating and marked cards.
    Simon Key (aka. Master Sniper Simon McKey)
    SI:7

Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV10

High Tomb Lord
    ahhhh fair enough , just annoying that there are logo differences and we have to use coloured sleeves, what are the best sleeves to go with so no one can complain?

Gigantisaur
    dragon shields are best i find there expensive but good (not white tho backs are too see thru)
    TRADING REPUTATION +96
    administrator of TCG BOX forums of http://tcgbox.yolasite.com (An all in one Database, Stock system, Deck Builder, Wishlists and Deck vs Deck Play tester.) feel free to sign up
    LEVEL ONE JUDGE AND TO (CZE ID: 10007499)

Master Theorycrafter
    Does anyone ever sleeve their play deck in hardcover protectors for ultimate preservation? Just wondering if there any that weren't so giant =]
    Make core best of 3. Increase the number of realm champs per year. Game is now more popular.

High Tomb Lord
    you know i was actually gona do that but i couldnt get enough cases xD looks just as impressive as i thought it would

Master Theorycrafter
    That deck in the toploaders is impressive, but has anyone used the hard card holders?
    CZEV# 37
    Journeyman Level Judge

Former Game Store Owner