Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fizzled escalation card to graveyard

fizzled escalation card to graveyard

AI plays a ragefire on my splashy, i activate splashy to draw a card, thus the ragefires target is in my graveyard. The ragefire then goes to opponents graveyard instead of back in his deck. See screenshot where the ragefire is on top of his graveyard.
    Last edited by Lixil; 08-20-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Moderator / Gameforge QA Volunteer Lixil's Avatar
    Hello Salverus, thank you for report. AI currently has problem with escalation, it also happens if they try using it normally.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

-=Hex site | Hex Board | Hex GF board rules | Support for board | Support for game | Hex4NewbiesWiki =-

But isn't that how it should work? i.e. If the target is no longer legal when the card tries to resolve, it fizzles and none of the effects happen.

See also using Countermagic on an Escalation card.
    ~ On my death I give you this treasure: The knowledge that life is hard, yet too soon past.

Quote Originally Posted by Govir View Post
    But isn't that how it should work? i.e. If the target is no longer legal when the card tries to resolve, it fizzles and none of the effects happen.

See also using Countermagic on an Escalation card.
    Hex handles fizzling differently from Magic. If two effects are separate sentences, then they are independent and the resolution of one does not depend on the resolution of the other. For instance, if your opponent Time Ripples their troop in response to your Crackling Bolt, you will still gain a charge, even though the target for the damage effect has been removed. Similarly, for escalation, removing the target should not prevent the escalation, because the escalation and the damage are separate sentences.

Countermagic is different because it prevents all of the card from resolving. Since the escalation is a part of the card's resolution, Countermagic prevents the escalation.

I think there is a difference between a 'fizzle' and an interrupt. Rage fire has two effects. Deal 2 damge to target champion or troop, and shuffle, escalate. If one part of the card fizzles the second doesn't. Like if you were to murder in response to atrophy. Even though the troop won't get hit with the debuff. You still draw a card.

With an interrupt your stopping the entire card.

That is my understanding, don't quote me on it.

(Forgot to refresh the page, before answering the question. Someone beat me to the punch. ;P)
    I don't post often. But when I do, you still don't have to listen.

Ahh, ok. I didn't realize that Hex handled "fizzling" differently than Magic. Thanks for the info.
    ~ On my death I give you this treasure: The knowledge that life is hard, yet too soon past.

Whops sorry about this I didn't even read everything

AI has bug with escalation but if it's on non valid troop it correctly goes to graveyard :s

My mistake

-=Hex site | Hex Board | Hex GF board rules | Support for board | Support for game | Hex4NewbiesWiki =-

Quote Originally Posted by Lixil View Post
    AI has bug with escalation but if it's on non valid troop it correctly goes to graveyard :s

My mistake
    *emphasis added

So if an Action or other card loses all valid targets, it fizzles and shouldn't resolve any of the card text? That's my only thinking on why it would go to the graveyard instead of back into the deck.

Also, if that's the case, then it seems like there may be other cards that are bugged (e.g. the example from Audens: Crackling Bolt targeting a troop, Time Ripple targeting the same troop while Bolt is still on the chain, let both resolve).

This is one of the "rules" that cannot be intuited from card text: What, if anything, happens to a card on the chain that loses all valid targets before resolving?

o If an action with Escalation is interrupted (either through an effect or by having all of
    its targets made illegal), the action will not be shuffled into your deck, and the others
    you own will not escalate

you can check FAQ for stuff like this

I'm confused. In Hex, actions are not supposed to be countered if their targets are all illegal. As mentioned above, Crackling Bolt still gives a charge if you sacrifice it's target. What is the difference between Crackling Bolt and Escalation in this regard?
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!