Thread: PLEASE READ! Bug Report Guidelines

Hybrid View

PLEASE READ! Bug Report Guidelines

Greetings, programs!

With the release of the Frost Ring Arena PVE patch, CZE has made some updates to the bug submission guidelines, and the staff and moderators will be more actively involved in using this forum. We want the bug report forum to be easier for you guys to use for reporting issues to CZE, and easier for CZE to use to find issues that need their attention.

In order to cut down on engineering time to fix bugs, we'd like to give you some guidelines on how to report issues you find. This will help us streamline the process of properly identifying and resolving these issues and, ultimately, improving the Hex-perience of all players.

Please feel free to use the following template for bug reports, if it will help:

Your Display Name:
    Bug Description:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Frequency:
    Additional Information:

I understand it can be a hassle to fill out for every bug you write, and in many cases, we might not need that information to see the problem. However, in the case that we do need it, having it in the original bug report will cut down on the time needed for us to let you know that and for you to respond.

A good rule of thumb is that the more complex a bug is, the more likely it is that we will need more information.

Submission Guidelines:
    If you believe you have found a bug, please check the Known Issues sticky thread and the front page of this forum to see if people are already talking about it. The Known Issues thread should always be an up-to-date list of things we know are bugged, but that haven't been fixed yet.

If you don't see your bug, please make a new thread to report it to us! If you're unsure, go ahead and report it anyway - we'd much rather have a duplicate thread than miss a bug.

Once a bug is reported, the staff or mods will review it and update the thread and forums as follows:
    • If the bug can be confirmed, the thread title will be edited to say [Confirmed], and the item will be added to the Known Issues thread.
    • If the issue is already known, your thread will be merged with the existing thread, so discussion on that bug can all take place in a single location.
    • If the report is not a real bug, the thread title will be edited to say [Not a Bug], and someone will post in your thread to explain the details for future reference.
    • If the moderators cannot reproduce the bug, or it involves complex rules interactions that are difficult to identify, the thread will be marked as [Pending]. This means we are waiting for CZE to review the thread and provide feedback on the issue.
    • Once a confirmed bug is fixed in a future patch or hotfix, it will be removed from the Known Issues thread, and the original post will be marked as [Resolved] and locked.

Note: If you believe your bug is Mac specific (i.e. only relates to the Mac client, rather than a global bug like cards or gameplay), please let us know you are using a Mac, and your system specs, so we can track it more easily.

Thank you to everyone for helping us make this forum more useful and easier to use for both the players and the developers! If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to post in this thread.
    Last edited by ossuary; 03-10-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

The Transcended
    Nice post.

"•Once a confirmed bug is fixed in a future patch or hotfix, it will be removed from the Known Issues thread, and the original post will be locked."

I'd suggest the thread title also be updated to [Resolved] after you lock it.

Sorry, that's actually what happens, I was just dealing with a lot when I posted this, and forgot that bit. I'll edit the OP.
    --ossuary

Relocking this thread as it is not the place to actually report bugs.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Actually I specifically left it unlocked so players could discuss the guidelines and offer feedback if they see something we could be doing better. If someone accidentally posts a bug report in here, we can just move it to a new thread.
    --ossuary

We're changing how the Gameforge QA team responds to bug reports, Since there are so many of us, with different skill levels, and rule knowledge. We're no longer declaring what is and is not a bug, that is not really our purview. We will be marking things as [V]erified, IE- that interaction does indeed exist, and we have made the developers aware of it, or [UNV]erified meaning that we were not able to reproduce it. These notes are there to make certain that people from the QA team look into every single bug report, and are just a method of tracking to make certain that is the case. We will do regular passes of unverified topics that keep floating up the top to make certain we aren't missing anything.

If you wish to ask rules questions, please use the beta discussion forum.

Lastly, thank you for taking the time to make bug reports, I know you would rather be playing the game, but every one of you is making Hex a better game.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.