Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft bug

Runt of the Litter

Draft bug

Name: excuisitor
    Problem: I got stuck in the pairing screen for my second game in draft 325-473
    Roostasaur told me to log in again but It didn't get me in the match.
    When i reloged I was out of the draft match
    Roostasaur advised me to post here
    This is the second time this occured

Welcome to the club. It's been happening to me and others since Shattered Destiny was released. I used to send tickets to Gameforge support each time, including my output_log.txt file, but there's been no progress, they've never requested any further details and I got fed up of reporting it every time!
    At least these days generally when I close the client and log back in it reconnects me to the game, so it's bearable now.

Roostasaur should not have told you to come here. This forum is primarily for bugs related to gameplay or the UI.
    Games failing to launch in a tournament is between you and support.hextcg.com (submit a ticket).
    For future reference, relogging typically does bring you back in to the match in these cases. You have to do it fairly quickly since there's a 5min timer before you automatically forfeit.

Trouble is, the typical response from support is to issue a draft ticket and move on, with no sign (to us as end-users, at least) that anything is being done to fix the issue. I don't want draft tickets, I have more than I will ever use... I want the issue investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by poptasticboy View Post
    Trouble is, the typical response from support is to issue a draft ticket and move on, with no sign (to us as end-users, at least) that anything is being done to fix the issue. I don't want draft tickets, I have more than I will ever use... I want the issue investigated.
    All issues get investigated. But repeats tend to receive a more copy/paste response, which is perfectly logical.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Excuisitor, thanks for taking the time to report your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofPeace View Post
    This forum is primarily for bugs related to gameplay or the UI.
    Wasn't aware that was added to the Bug Report Guidelines.

High Tomb Lord
    For some people relogging will reconnect to the match. But for the unlucky, they will get the dreaded "duplicate login".

Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERoostasaur View Post
    Excuisitor, thanks for taking the time to report your issue.

Wasn't aware that was added to the Bug Report Guidelines.
    It's about how we have actually used this forum. Since mods/nobles have not moderated this subforum since ever, it's not particularly relevant to point to a guidelines thread.

We have not traditionally had individual threads on games failing to proceed, disconnects, or similar issues because they're not particularly useful for several reasons:

1) Better handled by support.hextcg.com
    2) Various issues behind the cause of the issue(s)
    3) These types of threads would flood the forum more than any other type of bug with no resolution
    4) Where as gameplay/UI bug threads can help the community discuss and replicate the bugs, no such thing happens for these
    5) Lastly, the community at large already knows about these D/C issues. What purpose does directing people here serve?

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofPeace View Post
    It's about how we have actually used this forum. Since mods/nobles have not moderated this subforum since ever, it's not particularly relevant to point to a guidelines thread.

We have not traditionally had individual threads on games failing to proceed, disconnects, or similar issues because they're not particularly useful for several reasons:

1) Better handled by support.hextcg.com
    2) Various issues behind the cause of the issue(s)
    3) These types of threads would flood the forum more than any other type of bug with no resolution
    4) Where as gameplay/UI bug threads can help the community discuss and replicate the bugs, no such thing happens for these
    5) Lastly, the community at large already knows about these D/C issues. What purpose does directing people here serve?
    If an orange text or other HEX guy points someone to this forum to post about an issue, who are you to tell them they are wrong? I am not sure how you mean to come off here, but to me it looks like you are trying to create/implement bug reporting forum rules, which is a bit of an overstep in my opinion.

What does it matter that it's an orange that I'm responding to? Differences of opinion happen all the time between community members and oranged. As for my previous post, that was explaining my thought process since all Roostasaur said was "Wasn't aware that was added to the Bug Report Guidelines.", but as I already explained I don't find that a particularly good explanation (since mod presence has never existed here nor does that guideline matter in the least).

As for creating/implementing bug forum rules? That's for funktion and ossuary once the new patch hits. Now if Roostasaur feels directing people to report every type of "bug" to this forum is in the dev/bug wranglers team's best interest, then that's a different matter and should perhaps be better communicated. If that's the case I've missed out on reporting several instances of lobby bugs and D/C threads.