Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: AI Misplays - Live Edition

poor Zodiac Shaman still doesn't want to use his champion power. That deck would be deadly if the troops were being buffed every 3 turns.
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Master Theorycrafter
    Not sure if I mentioned this before, or only thought about it, but here goes anyway.

Regarding misplays of the AI, I kind of like that it sometimes misplays, because lets face it, every human you will ever play will do something boneheaded at some point. I wouldnt want the AI to be like Big Blue and require a perfect deck + a perfect player to beat. Id like to see the AI just every now and then do a boneheaded play. Not the SAME boneheaded play every time, but just a random murder the wrong troop, "forget" to use its charge power a turn or two..you get the idea. It makes it more...human.
    Grand King......maybe more

Just played a quick game against the AI in the proving grounds. We were maybe 5 turns in, we both had multiple troops out. Poca attacked me, and then played a troop, and then played Suppressive fire, targeting one of the troops she had just attacked with!

So multiple fails here: Playing it on an already exhausted troop, playing it on her own troop, and playing it after the attack phase was done.

I don't know if you can look at the logs for anything useful, but I just played this game about 30 minutes ago and it's the only game I've played against the AI in awhile, so it should be easy to spot in the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibraxus View Post
    Not sure if I mentioned this before, or only thought about it, but here goes anyway.

Regarding misplays of the AI, I kind of like that it sometimes misplays, because lets face it, every human you will ever play will do something boneheaded at some point. ... just a random murder the wrong troop, "forget" to use its charge power a turn or two..you get the idea. It makes it more...human.
    Yes this would be great! But ideally we want there to be a delineation between stuff that's like a player forgetting to use an ability or choosing a sub-optimal target, and something ridiculous like the play I just posted about above this one.

Princess Cory had a Kraken's Tentacle and I had 3 troops including one with spellshield (which was my biggest troop). When I proceeded to attack phase, Cory used Kraken's Tentacle and none of my troops exhausted. I believe this is because he attempted to exhaust the spellshield troop and it wouldn't resolve because it can not be targeted. The issue is, he shouldn't have been able to attempt to target a spellshield troop in the first place.

I had a game where the computer kept targeting one card for a minus to attack. At one point, it got to -110, despite having many other creatures (25 in total).

Eldritch Dreamer:

1. AI has 3x Ancestor's Chosen and I've milled his deck to zero.
    2. At the start of his turn, he gets 6x Ancestral Spectre in his deck so he doesn't deck out.
    3. He proceeds to play every single one he draws until he decks himself out on his turn.

Malice Demon:

1. I reduce AI's 2/1 and 4/1 troops to 5/0 and 7/0 respectively (permanently).
    2. AI uses charge ability to bring back instantly dead troops.

List of problems:
    The AI (all of them, by the looks of it) don't seem to organize the way they will deal the damage to multiple blockers, it stays the way it is, multiple times im blocking with a 3/4 and a 1/1 (for example) the 1/1 attacker from AI, instead of blocking the 1/1 and swap 1 for 1, the AI will deal 1 damage to the 3/4 and die a shameful death;
    The AI also doesn't process multiple swiftstrikes on it's board side, I have never seen 2 blockers with swiftstrike blocking before, but since this is so similar to MTG i assume is supposed for both of them to deal damage first and then the other troops attack.
    However, If im attacking with a 3/3 and the AI has 2 2/2's with Swiftstrike it skips blocking.
    The AI of that cloud guy from the new dungeon, randomly exhaust a creature and then skips the turn doing nothing with it.
    If I attack with a 1/1 with flying and a 1/1 Lord Benjamin, the AI will prioritize the 1/1 vanilla flier.
    If I have 4 1/1's vs 2 4/4's with Crush, the AI will refuse to attack in fear of losing it's 4/4 in exchange for my 1/1's.
    That AI girl that uses Plants... I have seen her play 3 5/5's with her ability after combar, instead of waiting for the next turn, she decides to give them +3+3 and shuffle them in her deck.
    I have seen multiple times the AI wait for post-combat, give it's creatures +2+0 until end of turn, and then end his turn.
    Last edited by Godzzila; 06-03-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzzila View Post
    snip
    While I appreciate your effort, and it's a lot better than your last post. All of the above has been noted. The AI will improve. It's actually came a long way from where it was, if you can even imagine that..

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    While I appreciate your effort, and it's a lot better than your last post. All of the above has been noted. The AI will improve. It's actually came a long way from where it was, if you can even imagine that..
    I think the main major problem common during the game is the fact that the AI doesn't prioritize at all the right targets... It also doesn't take "the future" into consideration, for example, if I have a 1/1 flier that draws me 2 cards every time he hits, and I have a vanilla 2/1 flier, the AI will prioritze the later only taking the damage into consideration.
    But this is definitly improvable