Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $100,000 Hex Tournament?

I wonder how much of that would be turned in to plat as i know if i won i would get every card and have enuff plat for next 1-2 sets if a few people did that i can see hex geting 20% of that back into there game XD

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by RobHaven View Post
    I no longer need any additional incentive to work on my constructed game.
    I am hoping for limited tourneys in addition to constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by israel.kendall View Post
    I am hoping for limited tourneys in addition to constructed.
    I'm hoping for this as well. Constructed usually gets top billing at big tournaments, but it would be cool to see limited get a piece of the prize pool.

The Transcended
    Some qualifiers include Limited alongside Constructed so that entrants must be good at both.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    If I win I'll use the money to relocate to CA so I can come to Hex game night

I probably don't stand a chance though... anyone wanna be my coach?
    I'm far from being qualified to coach another player, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Devoted Emissary
    I want to be excited about the chance to win $100,000 dollars, but I gotta admit that I'm most excited for what this means for HEX. 100k, seriously?? This is the beginning, right?

Edit: A reminder for everyone:

The World of Warcraft TCG World Championship, held at the San Diego Convention Center between 30 November and 2 December 2007, saw Guillaume Matignon (France) beat over 400 of the world’s best WoW warriors to claim the top prize of $100,000 – the largest single purse for a trading card game and the biggest tournament payout in TCG history.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ize-for-a-tcg/
    Last edited by Drake6k; 03-14-2015 at 01:37 AM.
    Keep name: Drake
    Youtube: Drake6k

Don't really find that amusing, especially using the $100k tournament news to help promote a bogus video. I don't see how your video is supposed to bring people to the game. We shouldn't have to lie to people about investing thousands to get players to try out Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I want to be excited about the chance to win $100,000 dollars, but I gotta admit that I'm most excited for what this means for HEX. 100k, seriously?? This is the beginning, right?

Edit: A reminder for everyone:

The World of Warcraft TCG World Championship, held at the San Diego Convention Center between 30 November and 2 December 2007, saw Guillaume Matignon (France) beat over 400 of the world’s best WoW warriors to claim the top prize of $100,000 – the largest single purse for a trading card game and the biggest tournament payout in TCG history.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ize-for-a-tcg/
    Top prize single purse vs total prize amount for hex.

Mind blowingly impressive nonetheless.

I was thinking test server as soon as I saw it. No fool would buy that many packs at once.