Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $100,000 Hex Tournament?

Gigantisaur
    Given this last update, I have already started the word of mouth campaign to come try the game out. This last major patch really helped the cause and combined with that announcement, should get players at least trying it out.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Given this last update, I have already started the word of mouth campaign to come try the game out. This last major patch really helped the cause and combined with that announcement, should get players at least trying it out.
    I am going to start my evangelizing to my friends at this point as well.

I think we need to get chest opening going so that gold will have more value when their is a strong incentive to use the sink.

We need an MMR program so that people can feel a sense of achievement in PvP beyond single wins.

Asynchronous would just send it over the top.

Once we have those things I think the gears will really start churning and Hex will take off exponentially.

I'm actually going to take my laptop with me when I next visit some friends of mine for the sole purpose of getting them interested in HEX. I am pretty certain that many of them will jump onboard HEX as soon as they have played around in the Arena themselves a bit. That loot can't be resisted. It is already ruining my productivity .

Master of Gifs
    I've been spreading the word best I can, people that know me know I frequent a wide variety of gaming communities, and now that arena is out it's really easy to get people on board... but the hardest sell has been to my closest friends and I can't seem to figure out why. Probably because they have to listen to me rave about Hex all the time and they're just sick of my enthusiasm

High Tomb Lord
    I have been trying to spread the word about HEX lately pretty hard too. I even advertise it when we stream our D&D campaign on twitch lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    the hardest sell has been to my closest friends and I can't seem to figure out why. Probably because they have to listen to me rave about Hex all the time and they're just sick of my enthusiasm
    I know this feeling . My gaming friends look at me weirdly when I say I don't play other games anymore. Then I commence my 5 minute raving (it's only 5 minutes, because they leave when they notice my frothing mouth) of HEX. They will learn. Oh yes, they will learn...

I hope they go the VS route for their tourney structure. A day of constructed cut to day 2 of draft. Needing to play both formats well for the win.

Master Theorycrafter
    If no-one is gonna use those monsoons and sights of sun, I'll take em... If you're just gonna fight about it I mean.

Master of Gifs
    Gameforge put out a press release today that gives a few more details about the tournament:

http://corporate.gameforge.com/en/pr...te-tournament/

All players registered for HEX: Shards of Fate will have the ability to earn qualification points for the tournament during regular, ranked duels. Earning ten points will afford automatic eligibility to participate in the next round of the tournament.

The places for the final will be decided during twelve online qualifier tournaments, which will be free for all qualified players to take part in. Contestants who get through to the grand offline final will be invited by Gameforge to determine the competition’s winner at home with HEX Entertainment in Irvine, California.

The online qualifiers will take place at various times at the weekend, thus guaranteeing that all qualified players will be able to take part in these knock-out competitions over a period of two months, irrespective of their particular time zones.
    I'm guessing the main Hex site will have more details on this soon as well.

Gameforge will be running a global tournament in 2015, promising a prize pool of more than $100,000. All players registered for HEX: Shards of Fate on NA and EU servers will have the ability to earn qualification points through daily tournament play for the HEX Invitational event. Earning ten points will afford automatic eligibility to participate in the Invitational Qualifiers. The invites for the HEX Invitational event will be decided during twelve online qualifier tournaments, which will be free for all qualified players. Those 12 winners will be invited by Gameforge to HEX Entertainment in Lake Forest, California to determine the HEX Invitational champion.

This is what is in our press release.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo