Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I like that! Do they get experience catching ghosts, or only certain busters?

I've been looking at this PennyArcade post (Part 1 and Part 2) ever since I had the idea of doing a Limbo/Ghost Realm map/Inside the Containment Unit map/scenario. I love the execution, but it is complicated, time consuming, and definitely not the easiest way to do it.

As a temporary solution (unless we can persuade Benito or another great artist to make some Limbo tiles), the Shandor building tiles might work. The idea would rely heavily on the PKE meter: setup would be a 3x3 tile grid with some random ghosts but no portals, or perhaps one portal on the center tile. Each time the event die is rolled along w/ the PKE die, the tile in that position on the PKE meter is swapped out with a Shandor tile, and that portal icon is placed open. If the portal is already open, place a ghost instead. The GBs lose if all 5 portals are in play at the same time or the spirit realm is empty.

For added chaos, I've been thinking on how to affect the movement within, or of, the 'Limbo' areas:
    1. (Easy) Player controlled movement is reduced by one square, but at the end of every move action roll the PKE die and move the Ghost Buster in that direction. If they would go off the board instead put them on the opposite edge of the Limbo tile.
    2. (Medium) If the GB is trying to exit a Limbo tile, role the PKE die. If they roll along the edge attached to rest of the board they move as normal, otherwise they reenter the Limbo tile on the opposite side (i.e. if the Limbo Tile is in the NW corner, they need to roll a 3, 4 or 5 to go east (left) or a 5, 6 or 7 to do south (down). To simplify that as long as they roll 3-7 they "break free". A roll of 1, 2 or 8 would put them in the top NE corner of the tile.
    3. (Hard) If an open portal come up on the event die, along with summoning a ghost, swap the tile with the one shown on the PKE meter.

For Hardest/Impossible mode, any movement that wraps around the tile could disrupt their stream tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by BradBosshart View Post
    I like that! Do they get experience catching ghosts, or only certain busters?
    Hi Brad,

Thanks! (If you're referring to my post!) They would share the XP as normal but they can't use their special abilities. Only the ghostbuster whose turn it is can do so but unlocked group abilities can be used by everyone.

"No Peter not an impression of a seal, the seal impression!"

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    So, I'm pretty sure there's only 8 of us on here.

It is awful hard to keep the hype going for seven months straight. I'm sure the site will pick up closer to October.

"Get Phineas Home!" Like in the episode, "Camping it Up", Phineas is a Yeti from another world. I made a card off of the Hero Slimer card. Roll the Portal Die at the beginning of the game. That's his home, you need to corall him and get him there. Ghosts will scare him, and he will hug the GB's, slowing them down (see card). A GB can have one food item at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    So, I'm pretty sure there's only 8 of us on here.
    yeah, pretty quiet. Nothing to complain about, I guess. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Morrellium View Post
    Hi Brad,

Thanks! (If you're referring to my post!) They would share the XP as normal but they can't use their special abilities. Only the ghostbuster whose turn it is can do so but unlocked group abilities can be used by everyone.
    ok, I was wondering if the GB's get XP other than what is listed on their cards. I would like the rulebook, it's hard to play without it. Will have to try your, though! : )

ok, I was wondering if the GB's get XP other than what is listed on their cards. I would like the rulebook, it's hard to play without it. Will have to try your, though! : )
    According to the playtest videos, they get XP equal to the number of streams they have on a trapped (or presumably otherwise removed, see Grey Lady, Spawn of Cathulhu) ghost.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    "Get Phineas Home!" Like in the episode, "Camping it Up", Phineas is a Yeti from another world. I made a card off of the Hero Slimer card. Roll the Portal Die at the beginning of the game. That's his home, you need to corall him and get him there. Ghosts will scare him, and he will hug the GB's, slowing them down (see card). A GB can have one food item at a time.
    Love this, Brad