Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks, will do custom scenario for Killerwatt.

Ok, Killerwatt is done. http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=-iwOv6nl 2 pages. The first page has the "normal" appliances, paste the second page game pieces on the back. Flip them when possessed.

Watt's Up? Killerwatt has taken over a street. You have to close all 4 portals to stop him. Killerwatt will electro-animate any electrical devices in the vicinity and may even take over Ecto-1! The devices will try and block the Ghostbusters from reaching the portal, and you cannot blast past them. They are Class one ghosts, one stream will convert them back, but Killerwatt can reanimate them next round! He can animate two devices per turn, or one device and control the Ecto-1. To win the game, you need to bust the devices, close the 4 portals, and stop Killerwatt!

Nice idea brad. Do the devices move once they've been captured by Killerwatt?

"No Peter not an impression of a seal, the seal impression!"

PKE Ghost Hunt Scenario PART 1

UPDATED 19.12.15 -I still haven't managed to test this yet due to moving and the run up to the holidays. I did however manage to play some of the actual game which highlighted a few oversights in my idea which I've fixed.

Ok, here is my updated idea for a PKE ghost hunt scenario.

Here are links to the images to make the tokens needed for the scenario:

http://i.imgur.com/oHIrhpj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eX3J6hD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UiIe84F.jpg

Please note that feedback is welcome and with that here is my scenario:

Disclaimer:

This has not been play tested and may need balance adjustments once the game is out. So even though quantities and movement are listed, they haven’t been play tested to see if they are workable. Likewise with map size/configuration, the layout will need to be adjusted depending on what’s printed on the tiles.

The aim of the scenario is to safely navigate from one end of the board to the other and then deal with whatever ghosts have appeared along the way. The idea is that this is designed to simulate walking through a spooky environment with only the PKE meter to guide you.

The Premise:

On your way back from a bust you get a report of some numerous items in the park levitating and seeping slime. Sensing a chance for a quick break under the guise of grabbing some useful data; you park Ecto-1 and set off with your PKE meter to see what you can find.

You reach the items and they seem innocuous enough, so you decide split up and scan them all. Suddenly, a thick ectoplasmic vapour descends upon the open ground and engulfs everyone, reducing visibility to almost zero. Instinct kicks in and you reach for your Neutrino Wand and then you instantly remember. You left your proton pack in Ecto-1! Panic sets in, you can’t see the other ghostbusters and you can’t see a way back to Ecto-1. There’s a slight crackle noise coming from your belt. The walkie talkies are still working! You regain contact with your team and decide what to do.

It’s too dangerous to engage ghosts without a Proton Pack, so you need to get back to the car and re-group. Using your PKE meter you’ll need hone in Ecto-1’s tracking device and re-unite yourself with the team. Amongst the fog are some mysterious items that could help or hinder you along the way. You’ll need to safely scan them with your PKE meter to be sure.

The Set Up:

1-2 players lay out 8 board tiles 2 abreast in a long rectangle.
    3+ players lay out 10 board tiles 2 abreast in a long rectangle.

Make sure the map layout has no dead ends, obstacles are fine but there must be a clear way from one end of the board to the other.

Place Ecto-1 across the centre, in the last line of squares at one end of the board and the ghostbusters on the opposite end in any of the squares.

Take all of the ghost cards (including the bosses), shuffle them and make them into a deck. If you’re playing this scenario as part of a campaign then remove the boss whose campaign it is before shuffling the deck.

Take all the POSITIVE tokens and shuffle them. Deal them face down, one for each player (4 players = 4 Positive tokens) in a separate pile and discard the remaining POSITIVE tokens. Do the same for the NEGATIVE tokens and add them to the pile face down. With the NEUTRAL tokens, deal 4 times the number of total players (4 players = 16 Neutral tokens) face down to the pile and discard the rest.

Shuffle the tokens pile thoroughly and place one token on each board tile, in a random square. Do this for each of the board tiles and repeat until all the tokens are laid. Tokens cannot be placed on an obstacle which can’t be walked through. Any board tiles containing multiple tokens must have at least 3 spaces between them.

The Rules:

The Ghostbusters start on one end of the board and Ecto-1 is placed on the opposite end. All usual gameplay moves and actions have been suspended until every Ghostbuster has reached Ecto-1. The aim is to navigate safely from one end to the other revealing many item tokens as you can. The item tokens will either be:

POSITIVE - The player keeps the item to use either in this scenario or the next
    NEUTRAL - It has no worth and is discarded from the board
    NEGATIVE - The player will have to face the consequences of that token (usually they are ghost) once everyone has reached Ecto-1

Each turn the player must to do these actions:

Action 1

Each player must then roll the PKE 8 die, whatever number is rolled is the number of spaces they are allowed to scan. The ghostbuster can choose to scan in any direction 180 degrees in front of them:

\ | /
    - X -

If an item token is within the spaces they scan, they are allowed to turn it over and reveal it. For a successful scan, the item token needs to be on the exact amount or higher number of squares away from the ghostbuster.

For example if the item is 2 squares away from the ghostbuster and you roll a 5 you may successfully scan that item. If there are two or more items in a row, in the same direction and a ghostbuster rolls a high enough number for them both; the ghostbuster may choose only one of the two items to reveal.

Revealed POSITIVE items the player keeps. Revealed NETURAL or NEGATIVE items are discarded from the game because the player was able to successfully scan ahead and foresee any danger. If there are no items in range then they simple move onto the next action.

Action 2:

After the scan the ghostbuster must move 4 SPACES. They can move in any direction but they CAN’T MOVE BACKWARDS, the can only move forwards toward Ecto-1. The usual game movement rules apply with regards to any obstructions on the board.

If a ghostbuster lands on an unrevealed item at the end of their movement, that ghostbuster automatically reveals the item without having to scan it. The item must be landed on at the end of the movement for it to be revealed, any items that are not at the end of the movement are skipped over.

Landing on POSITIVE and NEUTRAL items work the same as successfully scanned items however, landing on NEGATIVE items puts them into play on the board and consequences must be dealt with once everyone has reached Ecto-1.

If a player lands on a NEGATIVE item and is slimed, the slime can only be activated/cleaned off until normal play resumes. Being slimed whilst scanning and heading toward Ecto-1 does not hinder movement; they will still automatically move 4 SPACES each turn until they reach Ecto-1. Likewise any POSITIVE items landed on/scanned will not be activated until normal play resumes.

End game

Once every player has reached Ecto-1 any unrevealed items are flipped over. If they are any unrevealed POSITIVE or NEUTRAL items left they are discarded from the game. If the players successfully scanned all NEGATIVE tokens then they have won the scenario.

Any unrevealed NEGATIVE items come into play on the board and the rules now return to the usual play rules with the ghostbusters all starting in Ecto-1. Players will not win/be able to proceed to the next scenario until all ghosts are defeated/gates closed.

UNREVEALED NEGATIVE ITEMS SETUP:

Every event die roll must be treated as if it was a Chaos roll on all NEGATIVE items set up, if even if there are no ghostbusters nearby.

AMBUSH & GHOSTS:
    They must be set up as specified in their description. If a ghost has appeared which cannot be trapped, they can be 'forced to retreat' by landing the same number of streams as their class (e.g. class 6 = 6 streams). The XP is shared the same way as if it was a trapped ghost. If all the ghosts run off the map then players lose.

OPEN GATES:
    In the spirit world there needs to have 4 of each class ghost and at the end of each round a ghost will emerge from the gate. Once all the ghosts have emerged then activate the event die chaos roll.

Roll a 3 or higher to Hit and requires 4 streams to close each gate. If missed a ghost emerges from that gate

If the open gate is closed then all ghosts return to the spirit world. If a ghost must emerge from the spirit world and there are none present then the players lose.

CONCLUDED IN PART 2
    Last edited by Morrellium; 12-19-2015 at 11:21 AM.

PKE Ghost Hunt Scenario PART 2

CONTINUED FROM PART 1

UPDATED 19.12.15 -I still haven't managed to test this yet due to moving and the run up to the holidays. I did however manage to play some of the actual game which highlighted a few oversights in my idea which I've fixed.

The Items Tokens:

NEGATIVE:

1. AMBUSH – Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. Place that ghosts piece in the location of the item with two class 1 ghosts either side. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

2. AMBUSH – Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. Place that ghosts piece in the location of the item with two class 2 ghosts either side. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

3. AMBUSH – Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. Place that ghosts piece in the location of the item with two class 3 ghosts either side. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

4. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and place two class 1 ghosts either side of the gate. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra two class 1 ghosts either side of the gate.

5. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and place two class 2 ghosts either side of the gate. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra two class 2 ghosts either side of the gate.

6. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and place two class 3 ghosts either side of the gate. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra two class 3 ghosts either side of the gate.

7. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra four class 2 ghosts either side of the gate.

8. Class 1 ghost – Place one class 1 ghost in the location of this item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x1.

9. Class 2 ghost – Place one class 2 ghost in the location of this item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x1.

10. Class 3 ghost – Place one class 3 ghost in the location of this item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x1.

11. Ghost card from the deck - Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck and place that ghost’s piece in the location of the item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

NEUTRAL:

Junk – Nothing of worth and is discarded instantly.

POSITIVE:

These are perks that can be used once but are in play for a whole scenario. They can be activated at the start of that players turn, just place the token on your player card to remind you of the ability.

Only ONE perk per player. If a player has two perks they must choose one and give the other to a player who has none.

1. Portable Proton Pack – You are equipped with the portable pack allowing you to move FOUR SPACES during the whole scenario.

2. Stasis Proton Stream – Your pack has been equipped with the stasis stream. This disables the movement of any ghost you attack on your turn during the whole scenario.

3. Boson Dart – Your pack has been equipped with the Boson dart. This allows you to attack TWO ghosts once that are in your line of sight on your turn during the whole scenario.

4. Meson Collider – You pack has been upgraded and the length of your proton stream has increased by +2 during the whole scenario.

5. Slime Tether – Any ghost you attack on your turn will not be able to run off the board during the whole scenario.

6. Pack Vent Upgrade – Your pack has been optimised and so you gain an extra combat role during the whole scenario.

7. Slime Blower Attachment – You gain a +1 action during the whole scenario because you need extra time to slime!

8. Slime Proof Vest – You can’t be slimed at all during the whole scenario.

9. Fast Trap – Any ghost you catch on your turn will automatically go to the spirit during the whole scenario.

10. Ecto-1 Tune up – When you drive Ecto-1 it will be able to move it an extra +2 SPACES during the whole scenario.

Token Links

http://i.imgur.com/oHIrhpj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eX3J6hD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UiIe84F.jpg

Conclusion:

If you made it this far, first of all thank you. Thank you for putting up with the ramblings of a mad man. Secondly, I think this might be a fun scenario to play plus the method of scanning item tokens could be incorporated into any scenario and don’t have to remain exclusive to this type of scenario.

There you go. That was my idea of trying to simulate a ghost hunt, thank you again for your time and reading my idea. I hope it hasn’t been a complete waste of your time! If anyone gets a chance to play it and has feedback then please let me know!

I’m going to go outside now.
    Last edited by Morrellium; 12-19-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Wow, that's a lot of work,thanks! Haven't had a chance to test mine, either!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrellium View Post
    Nice idea brad. Do the devices move once they've been captured by Killerwatt?
    Yes, the devices become class one ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by BradBosshart View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of work,thanks! Haven't had a chance to test mine, either!
    You're welcome Brad! I hope it works and is fun to play. On paper it looks fun to me!

One of my gaming friends is itching to play next Friday.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Morr! Excellent work! Now let's do Peoplebusters!