Thread: [Confirmed] AI using Eternal Drifter abilities incorrectly

[Confirmed] AI using Eternal Drifter abilities incorrectly

Display Name: Stormshard

Bug Description: While playing vs. Seaweed Behemoth in the Arena, he played an Eternal Drifter, which gained Bunoshi's charge ability (Sacrifice a troop --> another target troop gets +1/+1). He then immediately used the ability by sacrificing a Pulse Reactor (NOT a troop) to give a Reactor Bot +2/+2.

While I suppose it's possible that this is a bug with the Drifter when it has Bunoshi's ability, it seems more likely that it's another bug with the AI ignoring requirements for certain abilities.

Another issue is that with just two troops in play (the Drifter and another troop), the AI would sacrifice the other troop, but the Drifter wouldn't get +2/+2 (the AI wasn't choosing a target troop at all, or it was choosing the sacrificed troop?).

Steps to Reproduce: Have the AI play an Eternal Drifter, gain Bunoshi's charge ability, and use it by sacrificing a non-troop. (Or check to see if a player can do this, though I suspect they can't.)

Frequency: Probably 100% when the unlikely steps to reproduce are followed.

Additional Information:
    -Stormshard

Confirmed, I've seen Eternal Drifter use invalid targets as well.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Eternal Drifter created an abomination from thin air

While facing Seaweed Behemoth in the arena he played an eternal drifter with the champion power to create an abomination. He had only two troops in play both ready : Two eternal drifter. He then created an abomination without voiding his troops. Abomination was 3/3.

Merging with existing Eternal Drifter thread, as these are both issues with the AI using the abilities wrong. I will add this instance of AI naughtiness to the Known Issues thread.
    --ossuary

Quote Originally Posted by Naldek View Post
    While facing Seaweed Behemoth in the arena he played an eternal drifter with the champion power to create an abomination. He had only two troops in play both ready : Two eternal drifter. He then created an abomination without voiding his troops. Abomination was 3/3.
    Just experienced the same. No troops were voided.

Seaweed Behemoth/Eternal drifter bug

SB played eternal drifter, which received Bunoshi champ power. He then used Eternal Drifter to sac a pulse reactor to buff a troop. Next turn he sacced Bellow of Brig to buff a troop.

Clearly a bug.

Hello, thanks for you report. This is already on the Known Issues list:

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    Eternal Drifter card
    • the AI can select invalid targets for some of the charge powers (example: Bunoshi charge power sacrificing Pulse Reactor to buff a troop) (link)
    • the AI can use an Eternal Drifter with Bunjitsu's charge power without sacrificing any troops (link)
    Please be sure to check that thread before posting if you believe you have found a new bug. Merging this with the existing thread.
    --ossuary

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
    Another issue is that with just two troops in play (the Drifter and another troop), the AI would sacrifice the other troop, but the Drifter wouldn't get +2/+2 (the AI wasn't choosing a target troop at all, or it was choosing the sacrificed troop?).
    This one isn't expressly called out in the Known Issues list, but I just ran into it. Did exactly 6 damage to the Eternal Drifter to confirm that it wasn't some sort of visual bug. The pop-up that you get when your opponent targets something in a graveyard showed up (and showed the troop that it sacrificed), which makes me think that the AI is trying to use the buff power on the troop that it just sacrificed.