Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Lvl 1:When another Ghostbuster within line of sight is slimed, pushed, or bullied not on your turn, gain +1 XP.

lvl 2:Once during your turn, all other ghostbusters within line of sight gain +1 XP.

lvl 3:+1 Action.

lvl 4:For every other Ghostbuster within line of sight that has slime on them, add 1 to your combat roll.

lvl 5:All Ghostbusters within 1 space of you gain your level one ability. If a Ghostbuster is within 1 space of you at the start of their turn, they gain your level four ability for that turn.
    Looks like Twolfe has the capacity to level incredibly fast, and then level the other Ghostbusters incredibly fast! Handy to have, especially in the Terror Dog scenario, but I fear it would unbalance the game for the Ghostbusters to progress through the levels so quickly. Most scenarios that are expected to be too difficult for L1 Ghostbusters start the players with a certain number of XP to ensure everyone has a fighting chance. If the players can rack up the XP this fast, they will likely surpass the level at which any given scenario could be expected to be challenging.

It's that ability to give other GBs XP at no cost to yourself (other than getting within LOS of them) that really makes me feel he's over-powered. Perhaps, since Twolfe has the potential to gain XP faster than anyone else in the game, that L2 ability causes twolfe to Lose 1 XP each time he uses it. That would keep the game from becoming a huddle where all the ghostbusters just stay clustered together around the dog to make sure he levels fast, and then remaining in that cluster to make sure the rest of them level fast, and then hitting those poor Class 1s and 2s with L5 enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy1van View Post
    Looks like Twolfe has the capacity to level incredibly fast, and then level the other Ghostbusters incredibly fast! Handy to have, especially in the Terror Dog scenario, but I fear it would unbalance the game for the Ghostbusters to progress through the levels so quickly. Most scenarios that are expected to be too difficult for L1 Ghostbusters start the players with a certain number of XP to ensure everyone has a fighting chance. If the players can rack up the XP this fast, they will likely surpass the level at which any given scenario could be expected to be challenging.

It's that ability to give other GBs XP at no cost to yourself (other than getting within LOS of them) that really makes me feel he's over-powered. Perhaps, since Twolfe has the potential to gain XP faster than anyone else in the game, that L2 ability causes twolfe to Lose 1 XP each time he uses it. That would keep the game from becoming a huddle where all the ghostbusters just stay clustered together around the dog to make sure he levels fast, and then remaining in that cluster to make sure the rest of them level fast, and then hitting those poor Class 1s and 2s with L5 enhancements.
    True. I havent been able to test this character, that is why it looks over powerdd at the moment. The character, so far, is built so that the closer the ghostbusters are to him, the more benefit they have. The down side is, is that genrally (i have one played through mission 1-3) the missions start getting smaller in move space, and the closer the ghostbusters are. This means if a ghost moves, it does more slime attacks per move. The risk increases exponentially the more ghosts and ghostbusters that are in the same area. Twolfe is setup to midigate this effect, but has a high risk high reward near the end of his leveling. As i play as him, he will most likely change.

Another option might be to make Twolfe an NPC, like Walter Peck. A few Custom NPCs have been made so far. Ash from EVIL DEAD is a perfect example of an NPC that can aid the players, though he was made for a specific custom scenario so the action revolves around him. Only suggesting this because, as a support piece, Twolfe will be much more concerned with enhancing other Ghostbusters and getting XP from other Ghostbusters than he will be with actually fighting ghosts, an that may prove to be a boring way to play a game that centers around fighting ghosts. As an NPC all the players could still make busting a priority, and as I understand it, busting makes them feel good.

Here are my updated abilities:

Lvl 1:When another Ghostbuster within line of sight is slimed, pushed, or bullied not on your turn, gain +1 XP.

lvl 2:Once during your turn, all other ghostbusters within line of sight gain +1 XP.

lvl 3:+1 Action.

lvl 4:If you have at least one stream on a ghost, or you capture a ghost, you may ignore the “When Captured” ability of that ghost.

lvl 5:All Ghostbusters may gain +1 to their combat roll per slime token on themselves.

That L5 looks pretty fun!

lvl 4 should read: If you have at least one stream on a ghost, or you trap a ghost, you may choose to not have that ghost’s “When Trapped” ability activate.

I was working on the Rebooters, but then I saw the videos previewing the GB2 Expansion, so I'll be changing these very soon to take advantage of the different Slimes, Equipment, Vehicles, and Event cards we will be seeing once the new Kickstarter goes live. But in the meantime, feel free to have a look at what I threw together.

(Note that Yates doesn't have an L5 ability, because I know the least about her character from the trailers)

Last edited by Crazy1van; 03-18-2016 at 06:46 PM.

I just hope i dont have to pretend Ghostbusters 2016 doesnt exist like episode 1 for star wars fans.

So, I had completely forgotten that I had made this - found it on my hard drive just now.

It is a template for creating Ghostbuster cards, I know it's a little old in terms of anyone that has made their own would have done it by now - however no harm in sharing.

This is what it can make...

...happy Ghostbusting!

Download Link for PSD

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1...d-template-v10

Quote Originally Posted by zombie57 View Post
    I assume I'd need to have PhotoShop to open this as anything more than an unlayered picture?