Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by twolfe View Post
    Assuming that the old character cards don't synchronize with this game (I asked weeks ago, and got no official answer).
    Mine will need to be converted anyway, since my character is set up to be using a Tillinghast Projector rather than a Proton pack... plus he's a werewolf, and it would be nice to be able to have the card flip to reveal different abilities when he changes (I'm thinking I can make his transformations require some Plazm consumption).

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy1van View Post
    Mine will need to be converted anyway, since my character is set up to be using a Tillinghast Projector rather than a Proton pack... plus he's a werewolf, and it would be nice to be able to have the card flip to reveal different abilities when he changes (I'm thinking I can make his transformations require some Plazm consumption).
    Hmm, that is interesting. How does a werewolf hurt a ghost? If we were to use psuedo-logic, unless the tranformation is through magical means, and not biological, a werewolf shouldn't be able to hurt a ghost. Just wondering, not trying to poo-poo your idea.

In older renditions of the theme being turned into a werewolf was more like a curse than an infection. These werewolfes were supernatural beings. But their claws still do physical damage and wouldn't hurt a ghost. Unless the werewolf can cast some kind of spells, it wouldn't do anything to them.

Thing is, the werewolf is still sentient, bipedal, and a Ghostbuster. Gaster and with better vision than his human side, but having worse aim with a proton pack puts him in a slime blower... and mood slime can make him turn feral, at which point he's treated like a haunted human. Remember, there are more types of entities than just ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy1van View Post
    Thing is, the werewolf is still sentient, bipedal, and a Ghostbuster. Gaster and with better vision than his human side, but having worse aim with a proton pack puts him in a slime blower... and mood slime can make him turn feral, at which point he's treated like a haunted human. Remember, there are more types of entities than just ghosts.

True, but in canon, there are only ghosts and spiritual beings. Werewolves and vampires are introduced in The Real Ghostbusters just to get episodes into the series (which, in my opinion, there are a few episodes that fit completely in the Ghostbusters universe. When looking at tue movies, and video game, that is)

In canon for the board game? The board game officially has Haunted Humans as soon as the expansion comes out. That's what I'm talking about; making a new version of my character for the expansion. The game borrows from the cartoons, the toys, the comics, and the movies (including the videogame), so there's no single canon to fall back on as to what should or shouldn't be part of the board game's world... which is one of the things I enjoy about it.

[QUOTE=Crazy1van;568151]In canon for the board game? The board game officially has Haunted Humans as soon as the expansion comes out. That's what I'm talking about; making a new version of my character for the expansion. The game borrows from the cartoons, the toys, the comics, and the movies (including the videogame), so there's no single canon to fall back on as to what should or shouldn't be part of the board game's world... which is one of the things I enjoy about it.[/QUO,TE]

I see your point. When i say "canon" i mean the canon every other iteration of the Ghostbusters uses (first two movies and game). In general i, personally, i dont fall back on other Ghostbuster material because they are diverse when compared to each other. I forgot that the game uses bits and pieces from a good chunk of the iterations.

Cards for the 2016 reboot Ghostbusters? Yes, have some!