Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I'll have to check it when I get home, can't access where ever the pic is hosted

I fully intend to make custom cards for the members of the Arkham Ghostbusters, but only after play-testing, as I wouldn't want any of the characters over-balanced or under-balanced.

Also imagining a VS variation of the game where two teams of 4 or less can compete to achieve the same goal, depending on the scenario, of course.

Ivan, agreed 100% It will be interesting to see, obviously we don't want them to be carbon copies of the GBs, but we don't want to Mary Sue them either.

Breaking down the presented characters...

1. ...GAIN XP - Many of these abilities are things all Ghostbusters can do as actions (attack targets, deposit ghosts, remove slime, trap a ghost, etc.), with conditional adjustments for the sake of balance and parity. A few are dependent on the actions of Ghosts (being summoned line of sight, moving adjacent to a Ghostbuster, sliming a Ghostbuster). A couple are based on random rolls (a one in six chance).

2. ONCE DURING YOUR TURN... - Many of these abilities are an additional instance of what Ghostbusters can do as an action (attack targets, deposit ghosts, remove slime, trap a ghost, etc.), with conditional adjustments for the sake of balance and parity. A few are additional "other" actions, such as Move or Free actions. A couple of the abilities alter the probability of the roll, such as adding 1 to the roll or re-rolling a failed roll.

3. PLUS ONE ACTION. For everyone.

4. WHEN YOU MAKE A SUCCESSFUL COMBAT ROLL... - A few of these abilities are personal combat buffs (best of two combat dice, free combat action, splash damage to an adjacent Ghost). One is a combat buff to allies. A couple allow players to control the battlefield (change places, forced movement of a Ghost), a free move action, or the ability remove a slime at range. Prediction is the only weird one out of the bunch, which allows a 1 in 6 chance of adding to combat roll. The only ability that does not appear is a "free action" for a successful combat roll (likely excluded because it would be too wordy).

5. ALL PLAYERS/GHOSTBUSTERS... These abilities benefit ALL players or Ghostbusters. These abilities let the players bend the rules, granting the ability to attack around targets, cancel events, combat buffs, extra damage, extra range and movement, get a bonus to hit when they miss, move when slimed, reroll 1s, and reroll ghost movement dice.

I think CZ did a great job, but in the framework of the current rules, I don't think there is much more you could eke out any more abilities.

However, you can reshuffle what is present.

I've mounted the character abilities on to color index cards corresponding with character level. When you advance to that level, you can draw a card. Therefore, each game you play with a new "character" drawn from the ability deck. Or, using the abilities, you can "build" a new character each scenario. Easy peasy.

I'm looking forward to play-testing it when I receive the game.
    Last edited by OneBigTwinkie; 03-26-2015 at 04:06 PM.

As we get more scenarios, maybe we could have abilities for characters that excel at specific ones?

Like if you had a buster who had the 2nd sight, maybe his range is better, or detection? I'm not sure clear on how the game is played yet, btw.

(See my horrible titled thread called "Am I bad backer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post
    As we get more scenarios, maybe we could have abilities for characters that excel at specific ones?

Like if you had a buster who had the 2nd sight, maybe his range is better, or detection? I'm not sure clear on how the game is played yet, btw.

(See my horrible titled thread called "Am I bad backer?")
    Well, they could update the game indefinitely since the cards control what the characters do. In Heroclix, you get new cards with the figures, but you have to buy new figures. With this game, we coul djust get new cards for more seasoned players, but that is a while down the road (we don't have the game yet).

That's true, Brad. I just mean, its interesting making new characters because there's only so much you can pick and choose. So, the more characters we have, the more options we have. I mean, I suppose we could make new abilities, but you know that can get out of control FAST.

I made new abilities for me. My character is a washed up GB, but he's a helper, handy to have around. So it depends on the character for strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah, I think new abilities are fine, its just figuring out the right balance.

ok, I added the Ecto vehicles to my 4shared and icloud drives. http://www.4shared.com/folder/-iwOv6nl/_online.html