Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: AA commons for gold! Friday Update

Quote Originally Posted by TOOT View Post
    The more expensive they are, the better they are for F2P players to get some platinum.

It is a lot easier for F2P to earn 500 plat selling a rarer card, than 500 plat selling a bunch of cards at 20 platinum each. This gold sink is an easier and more "guaranteed" gold ---> plat conversion the more paying players desire these cards. I think a F2P would want these to be more expensive as it gives them something to earn that they know they could sell.

If these cards were say 10k gold, everyone will obtain a playset rather easily and they won't be in as much demand. If paying players have a harder time getting these AA's and opening their chests, they'd be more likely to spend the plat to buy them thus giving the F2P players a more desirable item to sell.

Unless the goal is to give F2P players critical cards for their deck (which they can get the regular version of on the AH for much less), they should be on the expensive side. It really is to everyone's benefit the more expensive they are.
    This. Another reason they might give them away cheap is to get F2Ps hooked on the world of AAs. But it's not in Cory's nature to be evil about these things..is it?

Lol. Some people should really being so entitled and just let it go. Oh no, some people can get cards for free. The horror!!!111!!! Quick. The sky is falling, rescue everyone!

Here is a song for you, if you can't let it go
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

^ Word, just enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    I wonder if Colin will make a YouTube video of himself giving away 15000 packs on the test server
    That's an unfair correlation. My post was poorly timed, but was not targeting individuals in the thread - just the sharks that hold the AA's, and benefit from their value being maintained. Which is myself, and many other people here lucky enough to have been playing this game since alpha.

Just to pile on; this is a ridiculously smart move, and beyond the benefits to PvE and general economy, I think it starts to hint that all the delays and other gripes we have about development will be seen as necessary steps when we look back a year or two from now.

I'm not always happy with CZE tactics - though I couldn't possibly imagine another company (even more experienced in software dev) not having many of the same issues that CZE has over the project.

Strategically though? Each passing month shows that their ridiculously ambitious long game is actually coming to fruition; I believe the arena and release of this sort of gold sink is testament to how freakin' smart these guys are in focusing on where they ultimately want this game to be. Yeah, not everyone is going to agree with the decisions being made now but it's becoming more and more apparent that most of the things they are working on now is in the spirit of beta - bugs suck but some issues need to stick around as solving the minor ones prevents them getting to their long term goal sometimes.

I wasn't totally convinced of the vision of this game (who would be when the KS came out [other than Colin]? It just seemed so fantastical), but I am now. This thing is unique. No one else is really doing this. While not on the scale of Hex, I can say running departments and 'visionary' projects that if you are trying to do something no one else has done you are going to invariably have a lot of detractors through the process. It just happens, even if you're knocking it out of the park. They've been mitigating people who are unhappy about the choices they made better than many AAA companies (but their communication needs a lot of work, but hell, Valve just came out and said they are horrible at it, and they have a bit more resources than CZE at the moment I assume).

So I'm now at a place where I can much more calmly ignore the continual detractors, or even the veterans that care for the game and are miffed at some sort of change. The game is in good hands, it may not have the poison spewing platypus* race set that I have been always hoping for [yet], but even if they never incorporate that into the game it's still going to rock.

*= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus_venom

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    This. Another reason they might give them away cheap is to get F2Ps hooked on the world of AAs. But it's not in Cory's nature to be evil about these things..is it?
    I have faith that they realize that these need to be expensive because of the reasons in my previous post. Their track record on decisions like these have overwhelmingly fell anywhere between sufficient and excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOT View Post
    I have faith that they realize that these need to be expensive because of the reasons in my previous post. Their track record on decisions like these have overwhelmingly fell anywhere between sufficient and excellent.
    Yea I agree with the economic reasons and I also think its good in terms of game design to give people meaningful decisions. If they make chest AAs and shop AAs have equal opportunity cost then it forces people to decide which one to go for (since they both require gold to create and both target AA collectors) and that's always fun.

Wow Fido_one thank you for that post
    I often talk about the game being an oak, and all oaks start off as an acorn and take a lot of time to grow, sure other things may grow faster but in the end they will not be as strong as an oak...

Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    I wonder if Colin will make a YouTube video of himself giving away 15000 packs on the test server
    I'd do it for real!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_Jones View Post
    I often talk about the game being an oak, and all oaks start off as an acorn and take a lot of time to grow, sure other things may grow faster but in the end they will not be as strong as an oak...
    Wasn't Hex supposed to be a yeti ?