Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "+1 Card in Opening Hands in Raids for Life"

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwonders View Post
    I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about the Free Draft tickets for life!
    Difference: Anyone can still buy into a draft whenever they want. You also do not have any gameplay advantage over anyone else participating in the drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstaff View Post
    What is most important: permanent buffs for 1500 backers or potentially losing out on X amount of players because of these buffs?
    What is most important: HEX, the world's first MMO TCG, existing.

You are not solving the inherent problem here.
    What is your proposed solution?
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

HexEnt took a calculated risk when they put in permanent buffs hoping it would drive enough funding to get their project off the ground. They could have chosen other options, but that was the way they approached it. With VIP ending, and with other comments the devs have made about choices they would have done differently had they got another shot, we can see that some of those choices were mistakes. Nevertheless, the fact remains: Hex got funded, and is moving along (slowly) toward something awesome.

Someone else getting rewards faster than me does not diminish the fun that I have in the Arena, so I will continue playing. When the game stops being fun (or I get burned out), I'll do something else, like it is with every game. One way that the game could become less fun is if those rewards affected the PvP experience, reducing my ability to advance. Actually, though, the inverse is true at the moment, because the Dungeon Crawler reward (along with the fact that everyone is grinding Arena) means that prices on equips are cheap, which means that I can advance really quickly on gold alone. (I already had a sizable card collection before Arena began.)

You are not solving the inherent problem here. If I want to play Hex for 10 years, I need to pay a fee every time I raid in order to be at the same level as Kickstarter backers. The amount I would put in would most likely be astronomical compared to what backers paid. I foresee the classic arguement: "We invested in a risky project and deserve this". Which is where the problem lies. Kickstarter promised permanent buffs. Incentive to invest in kickstarter project should be discount on items, cosmetics, gadgets and passion, not exlusive perks. What is most important: permanent buffs for 1500 backers or potentially losing out on X amount of players because of these buffs? People can dismiss the importance of these buffs as much as they want, but people will care. This is an MMO TCG, not a PVP card game.
    Two things.

First, life is not fair. I didn't get an early PS3, so now I can't play my PS2 games, unlike the people who did buy the first series. Or I have to pay to buy them again on PSN. If they are even offered. I'm not happy about it, but it does not prevent me, or the vast majority of PS gamers, from owning and buying games for the PS3 system. Early adopters get bonuses. They lock in low value contracts for life, they get perks for helping to test, etc. It is the way of the electronic world. Refusing to play an excellent game because of it hurts you more than them.

That said, I would not be opposed to a life time ticket for Raid Leader (+1 card and Raid Leader's Blessing), or Guild Master perks (+10% XP), at the cost of $250. But even then you still wouldn't get all the exclusive cards and extra (but otherwise normal) packs from the Kick Starter. Would YOU be okay with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    What is your proposed solution?
    My solution is to remove the buffs. Let's just say that 1 million people won't play the game because they feel like me. It's easy to dismiss little me. But how many lost customers do you need to see before it's serious?

The way I see it people are jealous of the double loot (and eventually gold) from Bosses arena run for dungeon crawlers.

Proposed solution was an expensive item for either gold or plat that would give the same benefit. By paying for something expensive to get double the rewards, aren't you in effect sacrificing the value of those rewards? That is, isn't it possible you are using half of your arena rewards to double your arena reward amounts to a net effect of roughly zero?

In any case, the most important point to make is... No kickstarter reward gives an advantage over someone else.

Pro Player: Free draft a week for life. You want to draft? Buy in, the kickstarters did.
    Dungeon Crawler: 100% loot drops from bosses for life. You want more loot? Play more or buy in the AH. The kickstarters bought in.
    Collector: 6 new AA cards per year for life. You want these special AA's? Pay for them. The kickstarters did.
    Raid Leader: +1 card in opening hand for raids for life. You want an extra card for raids? Befriend a raid leader! Whining about kickstarter rewards is probably not the way to do it.
    Guild Master: 10% more PvE experience for members of guildmasters guild: Join a guild with a guildmaster!

Free drafts don't improve chances of getting a legendary pick 1, dungeon crawlers don't affect your own PvE experience, AA cards do not make you play better, raid leaders don't affect your raid experience (unless paired with a raid leader, and that's not a negative) and guild masters don't affect guilds vs guild battles if that's even a thing. It might affect how quickly you reach the level cap, but once at the cap, what advantage is there? Furthermore, The latter two have been waiting years with neither of their benefits in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    Two things.

First, life is not fair. I didn't get an early PS3, so now I can't play my PS2 games, unlike the people who did buy the first series. Or I have to pay to buy them again on PSN. If they are even offered. I'm not happy about it, but it does not prevent me, or the vast majority of PS gamers, from owning and buying games for the PS3 system. Early adopters get bonuses. They lock in low value contracts for life, they get perks for helping to test, etc. It is the way of the electronic world. Refusing to play an excellent game because of it hurts you more than them.

That said, I would not be opposed to a life time ticket for Raid Leader (+1 card and Raid Leader's Blessing), or Guild Master perks (+10% XP), at the cost of $250. But even then you still wouldn't get all the exclusive cards and extra (but otherwise normal) packs from the Kick Starter. Would YOU be okay with that?
    If they opened up any tier perk for sale, they would have to do all of them. And while some tiers may be fine to repeat, I don't think collector or pro should ever be repeated (as much as I would love both.) And that creates a lot of friction - open some, piss off people. Open all, piss off people. Open none, piss off people. There is absolutely no way to win.

The best option is to not go back on what HexEnt has said, and they said, explicitly, that the perks would never be repeated (at least as lifetime perks.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    Two things.

While it's a step in the right direction, I don't think it's fair. Sure, I can easily pay $250. Hell, I can even pay $1.000 if it gave me all the juicy buffs. And I totally agree with you that any exlusive kickstarter cards or logos etc. are forever exlusive. But it's not fair for someone who does not have that kind of cash.

Sorry, if they opened up one or all of the tier perks again I would lose all faith in anything Hex Ent will ever do or say.