Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "+1 Card in Opening Hands in Raids for Life"

"+1 Card in Opening Hands in Raids for Life"

I am sure there has been other discussions on the permanent perks that come with being various level of kickstarter backer. Unfortunately I have missed these, so I don't really know most people's opinions.

I think the average new player is going to be upset about the permanent perks.. especially things that could be argued are a "permanent advantage" in beating the game or accomplishing things quickly.

Personally, I don't really mind that much. Most of these perks just give you an edge that can be caught up with by playing a lot. But there is one exception: the "+1 Card in Opening Hands in Raids for Life" perk. This is an incredibly huge advantage, that I don't really understand why it was given. So basically, these accounts are forever just "better" than other accounts at playing the game?

I worry this will turn off potential new players. Honestly if I was thinking of playing this game and knew nothing about it and then heard that certain backers started with an extra card for giving money to the dev team it'd probably piss me off and I wouldn't play.

I realize there aren't too many backers with this level but there are other perks that demonstrate this same issue but just to lesser degrees. The 10% experience to your guild comes to mind. Basically the guilds that accomplish things first will always be one of these guilds. A new player will never be able to create a guild that can compete. Ever. No matter what.

It feels fundamentally wrong..

I understand wanting to support your backers but I just have to question some of these decisions or if maybe alternatives can be created that are maybe more fair towards the general playerbase.

So it's clear, I will be playing and supporting the game either way. I love the game, and I want what is best for it (and it's growth). I also want kickstarter backers to get awesome perks and rewards. But just maybe in a way that is more fair towards new players.

A small handful of players have an edge on a PvE experience. A PvE experience. A PVE EXPERIENCE!

Oh, and they paid a lot of money for the added perk in a f2p game.

Gigantisaur
    I don't think its fundamentally wrong.

Its the framework for how the game got created. If they didn't have it, they would have one less incentive to consumers funding the game.

THIS GAME WAS KICKSTARTED. KICKSTARTERS GET A BOON.

End of story.

You have no right to complain about EA, or Activision GAINING a profit from a game, let alone funders getting something from the product they helped fund.

A new consumer has no similar level of risk associated with their purchases as a kickstarter backer does.

They have nothing literally nothing justifying the complaint. Its a pve centric thing, that in no way gives a competitive pvp benifit.

If there are competitive pve elements to the game, you go in understanding that its unbalanced for competitive play. Still no fundamental level of complaint to make.

Suck it up butter cup is the sad, bitter truth. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Zomnivore; 03-22-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Please keep in mind, this isn't an attack, I just want to hear opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    A small handful of players have an edge on a PvE experience. A PvE experience. A PVE EXPERIENCE!

Oh, and they paid a lot of money for the added perk in a f2p game.
    Well I mean calling it a "pve experience" isn't really adding anything to the discussion. lots of games are "pve experiences", but if certain accounts paid a lot and then got huge edges all of the players would stop playing.

Master of Gifs
    Please take care not to simply dismiss the existence of competitiveness in PVE because you don't personally consider it worthy of competition. There are players who take PVE achievements and the like very seriously, especially in an MMO setting, involving multiple players, and stats on cards and such to show off. I guarantee this won't be the last person to bring up the advantage that RL Bonus provides in raids, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. Don't get me wrong, I'm personally all for kickstarter backers getting rewarded for their support, but I also do see the validity of their concern with this particular benefit, even if I don't think it affects me that much personally.

We're still a long ways off from Raids of course, so there might be more in the works (such as the possibility of consumable, temporary buffs that provide an equivalent bonus). But we'll have to wait and see.

Well, it is a party wide benefit, so there is that.

And I wonder when we are going to be able to start getting the bonus. The description says 'all non-tournament PvE', and the Arena definitely qualifies.

The game will not be tuned based on KS perks. Everything will be completed with normal hand sizes/etc. There is nothing a PvE player loses by not having the perk. They are not competing against the player with Raid Leader. Outside of PvE achievements, which have not been mentioned from what I've heard (or World first BS perks), there is no tangible benefit to needing to compete with these players. There is no unfair PvP scenario that arises here or gives these PvE players legs up in paid formats. Really nothing to worry about except for bitterness from folks that don't understand the most simplistic concept about life.

My question would be, even if this stuff mattered, which it doesn't because it's PvE, what would you expect them to do? Just go through and yank out the primary rewards from tiers that people spent $250 on? Change them to be less effective or temporary or something when people bought them very clearly as lifetime?
    Soon™
    IGN - Mitthrawnuruodo
    One half of the "Frick and Frack of negativity".

You should probably have this discussion when the people on this forum consists of a wider player base than mostly kickstarter backers. That way you would maybe get less biased opinions on the matter.
    Last edited by Blackstaff; 03-22-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    Please take care not to simply dismiss the existence of competitiveness in PVE because you don't personally consider it worthy of competition. There are players who take PVE achievements and the like very seriously, especially in an MMO setting, involving multiple players, and stats on cards and such to show off. I guarantee this won't be the last person to bring up the advantage that RL Bonus provides in raids, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. Don't get me wrong, I'm personally all for kickstarter backers getting rewarded for their support, but I also do see the validity of their concern with this particular benefit, even if I don't think it affects me that much personally.

We're still a long ways off from Raids of course, so there might be more in the works (such as the possibility of consumable, temporary buffs that provide an equivalent bonus). But we'll have to wait and see.
    Thank you Zophie. 99% of the games I play are PVE games, and I play them very competitively.